How long does it take to receive an apple award?

QM1to6Ave

So I nominated my favorite B/O for an apple award last night (he is really fantastic, nice, and safe) and this morning I got an e-mail back saying he would receive it along with a commendation certificate. Anyone know how long it takes before he will actually receive it? The MTA got back to me surprisingly quickly!:P

Unfortunately I can't answer your question, but I've got one for you: how'd you nominate him? Around Christmas time I thought I'd call in a commendation for the B/O I used to see on my line daily (he's a great guy, courteous, and an excellent driver on top of that), but I got stuck at the MTA complaints recorded message. How'd you nominate him?

I sent an email from the mta website, with commendation in the subject line, and I put down the information and said this Bo deserves an award for his wonderful, safe driving.

So I nominated my favorite B/O for an apple award last night (he is really fantastic, nice, and safe) and this morning I got an e-mail back saying he would receive it along with a commendation certificate. Anyone know how long it takes before he will actually receive it? The MTA got back to me surprisingly quickly!-_-

I don't know how long it's supposed to take but he'll be lucky if he gets it at all. I checked my records shortly before I retired and I found out about six commendations that I was never notified about.

I am currently waiting on my paper work also. When i went in for 19A training in May of 2010 it said i had a 1 commendation with 0 complaints. I have been asking the Union and GS about it and still no answer. Yet if i had had a complaint i would be in the office the next day getting treated like child.

I am currently waiting on my paper work also. When i went in for 19A training in May of 2010 it said i had a 1 commendation with 0 complaints. I have been asking the Union and GS about it and still no answer. Yet if i had had a complaint i would be in the office the next day getting treated like child.

True that!! I was driving the QBx1 I was going 5-1 and while in section 5 this guy wanted me to stop in the middle of the curve, in the middle of the street at like 10:30 at night before leaving section 5. I was like aaaaa no it is not safe, what if someone rear ends me? I asked.....this guy was suck a jerk he wrote a letter to complain about me......when I was looking out for him as well as myself....I have driven Rikers Island bus on visiting days.....more people in my bus on one shift than the q67 has in a 2 weeks.....21st street is like driving thru a mine field.....and people would compliment me on my driving skills etc......so I ask where is my apple?

This jerks letter has me in the office in like week and half time.....they are like we will send someone out to investigate!? I am like are you serious? I need that job!!

This job is a thankless job......I am not here to be thanked....I am here to do a job...end of story! I just wanted to point out how fast they have you in the office for a complant.......but apple award.......ppppfffffff goood luck!

Archived