Best Places for Senior Trips On Metro-North?

Bracamonte

Danbury Railway Museum (walking distance of station)

Shoreline Trolley Museum (bus ride needed)

Walkway over the Hudson (restaurant shuttle bus provided)

Essex Steam Train (SLE to OSB, bus ride from there)

Liberty Paintball (taxi ride needed)

Don't forget, there are group discounts!

Should you decide to do a trip and ride on Metro North I recommend contacting Metro North's Group Travel department at least two weeks prior to your trip. You will receive a considerable savings over the cost of individual tickets. In order to qualify the group must be ten or more riding together. If you are traveling separately it won't work as everyone's ride is on one ticket.

I'm a senior in High School and we've been coming up plans for a senior trip at the end of this year and I was thinking about certain locations on the Metro North. Does anyone have any good locations of each of the three Metro Norht lines?

Check out the link below. It lists a whole bunch of places

http://mta.info/mnr/html/getaways.htm

Out of all the getaways, I think the best place for a senior trip is the Walkway on the Hudson. Is there anything fun to do there?

Great views of the Hudson River connecting Poughkeepsie (Dutchess County)with Highland(Ulster County).

The Walkway is next to the Mid Hudson(FDR memorial)Bridge.

Walkway is about 1/4 mile from the Poughkeepsie station and a great place also to bring a bike.

You could go hiking over visit the Bear Mountain zoo or park via a bus form Peekskill?

Sorry Nexis. No 'public transit' bus runs on the Bear Mountain Bridge.

However if the young man has a bike there a walkway on the Bear Mountain you can use bikes as well.

Bear Mountain is middle of 'nowhere' in the area of the histroic "West Point' area (Orange County side)to hang out.

Sorry Nexis. No 'public transit' bus runs on the Bear Mountain Bridge.

However if the young man has a bike there a walkway on the Bear Mountain you can use bikes as well.

Bear Mountain is middle of 'nowhere' in the area of the histroic "West Point' area (Orange County side)to hang out.

Isn't there a shuttle to Peekskill?

I think for school trips, I think they rent charter buses with proffesional driver.

When I was at Japanese class with Ms. Shimoyama (former Japanese Teacher now in Japan) at High School for Enviromental Studies, we went on field trip to Mitsuwa Market and we took (NJT) #158 bus because shuttle bus could only fit few passengers.

Isn't there a shuttle to Peekskill?

Nope. Try a taxi or during the spring/summer months from Peekskill station.

Yuki is right that schools from the 'city' does have charter buses for trips to Bear Mountain. So that the only form of 'bus service.'

Nexis why not write a letter to the Metro North President about a shuttle bus between West Point/Bear Mountain and Peekskill at least on summer weekends? I think it's a good idea.

http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=grand+central&daddr=bear+mountain+park&ttype=dep&time=7:49AM&date=02/17/2011&dirflg=r

Archived