6 Rehabs start again

Amtrak7

(6) Elder Av and St Lawrence Av Station information

Beginning 12:01 AM Monday, February 28 through October 2011

Elder Av and St Lawrence Av will be closed for station renovation. (6) trains will skip these stations in both directions. Local bus routes will provide alternate service and

connections to other nearby stations.

Travel alternatives:

Elder Av

Take the Bx4, Bx4A or Bx27 bus to travel to/from Whitlock Av,

Morrison Av-Soundview (6) or Simpson St (2)(5) Stations.

St Lawrence Av

Take the Bx4 or Bx4A bus to travel to/from Parkchester or

Morrison Av-Soundview (6) Stations.

Note:

Overnight, free shuttle buses will operate along the Bx4 route

between the Parkchester (6) and Simpson St (2) Stations.

Another platform closure...another news report...another complaint.

Well, the Bx4/Bx4A schedules will be updated soon to reflect the Pelham Rehab, again.

Im glade the Bx4 is gonna run again late night, now i can get me a West Farms Bus on the Bx4. It ill just run to Fox Street and loop i think.

I hope West Farms brings out an RTS ill be there for that!! ive seen them late running.

One of the differences between the closings of the Elder Avenue, and St. Lawrence Street stations on the #6 line -- the F and G line in Brooklyn - is that in Brooklyn there is SOME usage of the stations, while here is none.

In the case of the F-train in Brooklyn, for two stations riders have to take a train to an express stop, and then transfer to a train going to Manhattan. At the F-train stops there is SOME service.

In the case of the #6, all trains are by-passing those stations in both directions - there is no opportunity to catch a train to take to the nearest express stop. At those #6 stations there is NO service at all.

Another difference is that the Bx4 route has existed for decades, and has covered those very stations for decades. The folks would not be asking for something that did not exist. The provision of night-time shuttle buses - during a period when the Bx4 would not normally run - is I think a good idea.

The situation of the F-train in Brooklyn is different from the situation of the #6 train in the Bronx.

Mike

Archived