Transit Maps

NYCSubwayFreak

How do you create transit maps from drawings? I got these from an article and I wondered how they scanned in a rendering and computer generated it. Is it from an industrial program? Is it available to the public? Is it free? How?Fig4.jpg

Fig.-3---79-orig.jpg

I've seen those pics before. The 1st pic is just a basic rough draft of the 1979 version of the map which is pretty much still in use today (of course with alterations and updates) The 2nd pic is the finished project.

There are various templates you can find online....some ppl just do theres from scratch though.

I've seen those pics before. The 1st pic is just a basic rough draft of the 1979 version of the map which is pretty much still in use today (of course with alterations and updates) The 2nd pic is the finished project.

There are various templates you can find online....some ppl just do theres from scratch though.

Yes. I have the 1979 map.

How do you create transit maps from drawings? I got these from an article and I wondered how they scanned in a rendering and computer generated it. Is it from an industrial program? Is it available to the public? Is it free? How?Fig4.jpg

Interesting choice of colors here - Green for 6th Avenue, orange for 8th Avenue, blue for 7th Avenue, etc. Wonder why they didn't stick with them, not that I'm complaining about the current line coloring scheme.

Archived