Issue with the West Side Line this morning?

LRG

This morning heading to Brooklyn from the Bronx on the (4) train, the conductor announced that (2) trains were being rerouted along the Lexington Avenue Line southbound only (although I saw some (2)s heading uptown as well) due to an incident along the Seventh Avenue Line. (2), (4), (5) AND (6) trains were all sharing the same track between 14th Street and Brooklyn Bridge due to work going on along the downtown local track. This basically screwed up the Lex, as it took 15 minutes from 42nd to 14th. Anyone know what had happened on the Seventh Avenue Line?

This morning heading to Brooklyn from the Bronx on the (4) train, the conductor announced that (2) trains were being rerouted along the Lexington Avenue Line southbound only (although I saw some (2)s heading uptown as well) due to an incident along the Seventh Avenue Line. (2), (4), (5) AND (6) trains were all sharing the same track between 14th Street and Brooklyn Bridge due to work going on along the downtown local track. This basically screwed up the Lex, as it took 15 minutes from 42nd to 14th. Anyone know what had happened on the Seventh Avenue Line?

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27144

Yeah, the motorman on that train was a bit shaken up. I was listening to NYCPD 1 and they had to get 2 vans of EMS, one for a passenger and another for the motorman. One hell of a story if you ask me. Someone went on the radio on B1 and said that this was gonna be on the 6 o'clock news.

NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man wanted in a deadly stabbing and carjacking spree in Brooklyn has been arrested 28 hours after it all began.

Maksim Gelman, 23, was wanted in connection with the stabbing deaths of three people, stabbing several others, carjackings and hitting a pedestrian with a car. That pedestrian also died.

Gelman was apprehended at about 8:45 a.m. on a Northbound No. 3 train at 40th street in Times Square, according to Police Commissioner Ray Kelly.

Kelly says Gelman was arrested moments after he stabbed another man on that subway train.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7952906

Archived