Former NYW&B Westchester Station

N-Trizzy2609

Hello all. This is the abandoned Westchester Station now part of the Northeast Corridor. This station was closed in 1937 when the Westchester And Boston went bankrupt. The trains would diverge of the NH main at West Farms Junction and continued up what is now the (5) train.

Two HHP-8 Regionals passing under the station and the station itself. Part of the western platform's edge is still intact.

039-5.jpg

043-7.jpg

045-6.jpg

Vermonter and the (6) train.

048-12.jpg

Video by Mark1447:

That station has been in the same condition all of my life and I didnt find out anything about it until I was a teenager. This was a New Haven Station that pre-dates the NYWB, it was built 1890's around the same time that was the eastern border on the city and about 20 years before the Pelham Bay IRT subway line.

I live about six blocks away. Its pretty easy to get down there. I think the easiest way is to walk along the spur just south of the station that runs along Edgewater road and then under the Bruckner Expressway. The spur runs literally right next to the street, the along the sidewalk. I think CSX/Conrail still uses the spur but I cant remember the last time I've seen a train on it.

But that station should be cleaned up and made a historical landmark.

Archived