Proof of The Queens Surface Orion V

Guest MTA Bus

They also ran one that had a John Deere engine in it, right? The only active bus with a JD engine is LIB #1636. Seems not to pop up much, though I did see it at Hempstead on Monday.

They had TWO Orion 05.501 CNG buses with John Deere Engines. Orion 05.501 CNG #404 and #437, which became #9835 and #9868 at MTA Bus.

398 also.I've driven this JD and boy I was Impressed

Orion 05.501 CNG #398 MUST have been repowered to a John Deere because Queens Surface got ONLY two (#404 and #437). They were the LAST two Orion 05.501 CNGs to be delivered to Queens Surface after receiving #396-403, #405-436, #438-499 (Local).

Drove all of them back in the day. Those Deeres had some pep and I think the diesel ones went to Tri Boro Coach for a while. I could be mistaken though. After all these years it gets blurry trying to keep track of the wheres and wherefores.

DB that other john Deere was 398 right??I remember 404 but 398 was the other right??

• 2 months later...

Ok so 398 is at West Farms huh ,I've been seeing west farms giving back some of our joints so why not the JD powered one.I'm telling you that bus sounded so good that you forgot it was a Orion for a minute and even with the A/C on she would give you the Power and sound you wanted.

As for 701 ...I heard about those and we should of kept them as well.

Seems to me we had good buses just slip through our fingers.

Archived