Serive alert and something interesting i heard

Abba

Current Service Status / Subways-123

Posted: 03/28/2011 4:26PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to an earlier incident at Park Place, downtown 2 and 3 train service has resumed with residual delays.

In addition, due to ongoing signal trouble at the Franklin Avenue Station, please expect delays in service on the uptown (2)(3)(4) and (5) trains at this time

I heard on my scanner that is affecting both directions.But the interesting thing i heard is that some Downtown (2) trains are terminating at the OLD south ferry loop.

Guest lance25

Probably easier to terminate on the loop seeing as the (5) is running to Brooklyn and the (1) no longer stops there, thus not delaying any other line. I wonder if they're disembarking passengers there though.

That's what I feel like saying to people who use a scanner. It's just the freakin subway, use it to go where you need to go and be done with it.

No, I'm talking to you. Who the f**k cares that he listens to a scanner?

Sorry, but having nothing better to do than listen in on how the MTA is operating is beyond foaming.

Well, I'm sorry you're such an ignorant *******. A scanner isn't solely for the purpose of listening to transit operations. You could listen to other things, such as public safety or even amateur radio. I'm actually happy that he has a scanner and will hopefully explore the amateur radio hobby. It is a scanner which has inspired me to go into that hobby. So grow up, do some research, and then you can talk about this.

Thanks for making me crack up in my school's computer lab!

That wasn't funny at all.

No, I'm talking to you. Who the f**k cares that he listens to a scanner?

THANK YOU!!! :o

i have a scanner but do not listen only to the subway i listen to freight operations safety and like BVEGUY said newbie radio. its pretty cool to have a scanner so shut the **** up gorgor. grow up its just a scanner almost every single railfan has one. the ones who do not have one is either cause they can not afford it or they do not need one or want one. stop hating what other people like.

Current Service Status / Subways-123

Posted: 03/28/2011 4:26PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to an earlier incident at Park Place, downtown 2 and 3 train service has resumed with residual delays.

In addition, due to ongoing signal trouble at the Franklin Avenue Station, please expect delays in service on the uptown (2)(3)(4) and (5) trains at this time

I heard on my scanner that is affecting both directions.But the interesting thing i heard is that some Downtown (2) trains are terminating at the OLD south ferry loop.

This threw a wrench into my commute home... coming off the (1) a few minutes before 4:00, I narrowly missed a (2) at 96th St, but another arrives a few minutes later. I can't believe I expected a normal commute :o I was in the front, and I heard the T/O's radios (BTW, I don't bother with this whole scanner business) and I figure something's not good. The C/R says Chambers is the last stop, and I can see the (2) train I missed; that very same train is stuck; the last car or so is still in Chambers St Station. My (2) is switched to the local track and it leaves, empty. I think it was using the loop because when I took the (1) to South Ferry I didn't see the (2) turning around. I took the (4) from Bowling Green, fairly uneventful, but the (2) I boarded at Franklin Ave (no idea if it was the same train or not) was a true *******-to-belly button train. I just barely squeezed into the 7th car.

I was better off missing that first (2) after all, since I'd probably prefer to go out of my way walking around than being stuck partway in the station for an indefinite amount of time.

EDIT: censorship FTW!

This threw a wrench into my commute home... I narrowly missed a (2) at 96th St, and another comes a few minutes later. I can't believe I expected a normal commute :o I was in the front, and I heard the T/O's radios (BTW, I don't bother with this whole scanner business) and I figure something's not good. The C/R says Chambers is the last stop, and I can see the (2) train I missed; the last car or so is still in Chambers St Station. My (2) is switched to the local track and it leaves, empty. I think it was using the loop because when I took the (1) to South Ferry I didn't see the (2) turning around. I took the (4) from Bowling Green, fairly uneventful, but the (2) I boarded at Franklin Ave (no idea if it was the same train or not) was a true *******-to-belly button train. I just barely squeezed into the 7th car.

Maybe I was better off missing that first (2) after all...

wait... why were they sending (2)s to the loop instead of the new south ferry station if they couldn't go to brooklyn? was it because the terminal might get messed up? because on recent G.O.'s when the (2) terminates at SF it uses the new station... :confused:

Archived