Cop who stopped chief isn't racists, parents say

Trainspotter

Cop who stopped chief isn't racists, parents say

A white cop who was disciplined after ordering the NYPD's highest-ranking black officer out of his car was simply doing his job - not racial profiling, his parents said Saturday.

Officer Michael Granahan was stripped of his gun and badge Friday because he and his partner stopped and questioned NYPD Chief Douglas Zeigler while he was off duty and parked on a Queens street on May 2.

"They are saying this might be discrimination," Granahan's mother, Frances, said yesterday.

Full story: nydailynews_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - May 11, 2008

I don't think that the officers did anything wrong. The chief was parked illiegaly and they told him to move, they ordered him out of his car when they saw his gun. The chief then decided to not to do what they said and went off on them for not knowing who he was. If he had not been on an ego trip and produced his ID card and sheild, nothing would have happened other then the officers say "sorry chief" and that would have been it.

I don't think that the officers did anything wrong. The chief was parked illiegaly and they told him to move, they ordered him out of his car when they saw his gun. The chief then decided to not to do what they said and went off on them for not knowing who he was. If he had not been on an ego trip and produced his ID card and sheild, nothing would have happened other then the officers say "sorry chief" and that would have been it.

They should know who their chief is. I mean officers are trained to profile and remember faces. They should know who their chief is of all people. They can't remember the face of their chief?????

245px-Chief_Wiggum.png

I don't live in this chief's town, but I know who he is, on or off-duty.......

I agree with D with about recognizing your superior officers. I know all the faces of the Directors, Vice Presidents, Senior Vice Presidents, Presidents & the Chairman & CEO of the company I work for. That cop should have also.

They didn't see his gun, he was going for his shield, and the cop pulled his gun on him thinking he was going for his piece. But like Harry said, they should have known who he was. If it was dark then I guess it is kind of understandable that he didn't.

But like Harry said, they should have known who he was.

I said that, not Harry, so give credit where it is due. To me. King Sodomon. These are my mines, just don't enter.......

If it was dark then I guess it is kind of understandable that he didn't.

No it was because he (the superior officer) was dark.........

Not to mention that it was darkout,only rolled the windows down halfway,and the windows were tinted:rolleyes: And even if you are the chief you do what they say,you say your the chief of police then go for your shield,you don't go for your shield right away or without asking because they will think that you have a gun,and being the chief of police he should know that that is the first thing that an officer will think of when he starts reaching around the car..

Not to mention that it was darkout,only rolled the windows down halfway,and the windows were tinted:rolleyes: And even if you are the chief you do what they say,you say your the chief of police then go for your shield,you don't go for your shield right away or without asking because they will think that you have a gun,and being the chief of police he should know that that is the first thing that an officer will think of when he starts reaching around the car..

Douglas Ziegler is the Chief of Community Affairs his wife happens to be Nielda Ziegler Deputy Comissioner EEO for the NYPD

some of these police officers just dont learn

Archived