"I don't know where we are going"

Buddy

Today at 515p, I transferred from (1) to the IND lines at Columbus Circle to Delancy St. A (D) train came and I did not get on since it runs local on the 6th Ave due to G.O.

Then there came a train on the local track, which I expected to be a (C). Its front rollsign was (;) while side signs are (D). I asked the C/O what the train was and he said (D). When I reconfirmed with him by saying "So this goes on the 6th Ave", he replied: "I don't know where we are going".

Finally a (C) appeared on the express track and I got on. The (C) and the (:)/(D) train left simultaneously, and it seemed the R68 went to the 6th Ave.

Today at 515p, I transferred from (1) to the IND lines at Columbus Circle to Delancy St. A (D) train came and I did not get on since it runs local on the 6th Ave due to G.O.

Then there came a train on the local track, which I expected to be a (C). Its front rollsign was (:P while side signs are (D). I asked the C/O what the train was and he said (D). When I reconfirmed with him by saying "So this goes on the 6th Ave", he replied: "I don't know where we are going".

Finally a (C) appeared on the express track and I got on. The (C) and the (:P/(D) train left simultaneously, and it seemed the R68 went to the 6th Ave.

That train with the front rollsign set to (B) was likely a baseball special train; IIRC baseball specials from Concourse run local from 161 St to 2 Ave.

Why did you get on the (C) instead of the (D)? The (C) goes on 8th Avenue, and you wanted 6th Avenue.

In any case, it didn't even matter which route the train was going to take. You could've taken either train to West 4th Street and transferred to the (F) to Delancey Street.

But remember, If taking the (C), you have to walk two flight of stairs to get to the (F) at West 4. lol Guess he wanted to get in a little more exercise.

What the hell?. The (C) is the Eighth Avenue Local, and the (D) is the Sixth Avenue Express. What planet are you on?.

This was posted on Saturday, April 16th, 2011.

According to MTA Planned Service Change, all Brooklyn-bound (A) late night, (C), and World Trade Center-bound (E) was operating express on 8th Av and Brooklyn-bound (D) was running local track.

http://mta.info/mta/news/releases/?en=110414-NYCT40

Archived