Long Time ABC soap opears "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" are cancelled

Shortline Bus

• 2 weeks later...

An update. Over 40 people today 4/26/11 was outside ABC's Lincoln Center studios in a last minute attempt to save 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live.' Plus a letter writing campaign that has already produced over 1,000 letters and e-mails has come on to ABC.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/04/26/2011-04-26_soap_opera_fans_protest_at_abcs_offices_over_cancellation_of_all_my_children_one.html

PS I have a feeling a cable channel geared for woman like Lifetime may save the day and pick up these long time daytime staples and turn them into 'weekly' shows to cut costs. However I think it's done on ABC. Just a hunch.

• 2 months later...

Update. Good news for "AMC" and 'OLTL' fans. Although the shows and maybe soon "General Hosptial' are leaving ABC they found a new home.

The Tv entertainment website "Prospect Park" will show 'occasional new shows' of the '2' classic soaps and also make available shows going back to the 1970's.

Personally I though a cable outlet like "ABC Soapnet' "Lifetime' or even "E!" might have returned it as maybe a once a week 'nightime' soap. Still a bit of good news for soap fans.

• 2 months later...

It's all over for All My Children and One Life to Life:cry::eek:. Today 9/23/11 was their final shows. Reruns of these classic daytime sopas will be shown on ABC soap net. However there are rumors that AMC Creator Agnes Nixon is in talks to revive All My Children as a weekly show on a woman-oriented cable stations such as AMC, Lifetime, E! and couple of others.

We shall see.

It's all over for All My Children and One Life to Life:cry::eek:. Today 9/23/11 was their final shows. Reruns of these classic daytime sopas will be shown on ABC soap net. However there are rumors that AMC Creator Agnes Nixon is in talks to revive All My Children as a weekly show on a woman-oriented cable stations such as AMC, Lifetime, E! and couple of others.

We shall see.

One Life to Live's last episode is scheduled for January. Only All My Children had it's last episode today.

:cool:

What self identifying man keeps tracks of that ???

Bro i am more into "Young & The Restless' myself lol. Seriously it was all over the tv morning newsshows this morning on tv (9/23) i.e "GMA" "Today" Fox 5' Good Day" etc. even on the local news station up here focused on this being the last show. Thus why i brought back this thread.:eek: Even some of staff at work was discussing it today.

Like or not, it was a landmark tv show that been on so damn long, it was going to get media attention as it exits 'stage left' into tv history.

Archived