Same Sex Marriage Bill Passes the Senate

tvega961

I am saying it is strange, but I accept it.

Well that's the thing... You say it is strange and then you say there is nothing wrong with it. If you find it strange, then in a way you're saying you do find something wrong with it. I don't think you realize that, but that's how it sounds. In any event, I'm not looking to argue. I just think the post was funny. It reminds me of the first gay person I met. I was in high school and I met this lesbian chick who was pretty much out. My parents had talked about it over the years and made jokes and such and that was like a cardinal sin... So here I am this straight guy meeting an openly gay person for the first time. Well I didn't know what to think at first, but after chatting with her, she was cool, so I said to myself afterwards, I don't see what the big deal was. She's cool and cute too. Now I do know a lesbian couple from my college years who is now married and we see each other every now and then. It is still "weird" for me if you may since I'm not used to lifestyle, but I try to keep an open mind, so I know where you're coming from, I don't really have a problem with it. Besides so many people are out these days that it really isn't a big deal anymore. I'm certainly not like my father for example who is homophobic on another level. It is so bad that I have to laugh because it is just clear ignorance.

There's no contradiction. His first sentence doesn't suggest that he's taking any particular position but an opinion, and the following sentences just say "it's just the way it is."

See above.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived