Same Sex Marriage Bill Passes the Senate

tvega961

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, we learn things as we go! From this weekend to now, I've learned some things about people that I did not know at all...and I'm not going to treat them any different than I have beforehand.

Discussing the law that was passed, I had this convo with my B/O friend on the way to Saint George from Yukon Avenue and he told me that he has a friend whose brother is gay...and he opposes the law that was passed. This was a matter of hours ago and I can't freshly remember everything but I do recall him quoting that the way marriage is today is not the same as it was in the 1800s and beforehand...people get married for the wrong reasons, for money and kids. However, gay people cannot have kids unless they adopt them or by surrogate, but in the end he didn't feel that gays should end up marrying to fall into the category of the ones getting married for the wrong reasons. From my standpoint, marriage to me is nothing more than a piece of paper that two people go down to City Hall for. I don't look into the religious aspect of marriage anymore because I'm slowly turning away from organized religion.

Seems a little quiet in here now.....B)

You and I may not agree on many issues, but I do have to give it to you for never changing who you are. Too bad I couldn't have done this 20 years ago!

It got to the point where using my brother as an example was getting played out. My father will likely have some choice words for me as well!

So as someone on both sides of the fence, I felt this has been a long time coming. There are about 1300 (gay/bi) members of this forum that would like to do the same thing many of us have. They just don't know how. They are afraid, and worried about how people will look at them. True, that is still in the back of my mind as well. Will this affect my career? Will this have a significant impact on users posting habits??? Is Harry going to kill me when he reads this??

I apologize to all the people who have felt "lied to" over the years, but if people chose to continue to live life in a box, they will always feel boxed in!

It just hurt me for so many years to see how people treat other human beings. Some would rather hang out with murderous thugs than ever be caught dead associating with a "gay."

Who's sick in the head????

I stood by perpetrating, and not defending what was right for far too long!

That made me just as bad, if not worse than my so-called friends who bashed tortured and harassed anyone who they even thought was gay/bi/lesbian etc.

Hey well I didn't get that way overnight either. Sometimes it takes time to truly understand and accept who you are. While I don't know Harry, he seems cool enough to be open minded. My motto is you only live once so don't be afraid to live life and be who are. Easier said than done of course.

Wow, we learn things as we go! From this weekend to now, I've learned some things about people that I did not know at all...and I'm not going to treat them any different than I have beforehand.

Discussing the law that was passed, I had this convo with my B/O friend on the way to Saint George from Yukon Avenue and he told me that he has a friend whose brother is gay...and he opposes the law that was passed. This was a matter of hours ago and I can't freshly remember everything but I do recall him quoting that the way marriage is today is not the same as it was in the 1800s and beforehand...people get married for the wrong reasons, for money and kids. However, gay people cannot have kids unless they adopt them or by surrogate, but in the end he didn't feel that gays should end up marrying to fall into the category of the ones getting married for the wrong reasons. From my standpoint, marriage to me is nothing more than a piece of paper that two people go down to City Hall for. I don't look into the religious aspect of marriage anymore because I'm slowly turning away from organized religion.

Well when I ran my dumb ass to City Hall, I got married for ALL the wrong reasons!

I met my wife when she was 17, and I was 22! We worked together, and I was with this other chick..... Who ended up being the mother of my child.

So, I wouldn't talk to her because she was younger than me. I don't go for kids, so I told her when she was of legal drinking age, to give me a call.

She did! And put something on me so scandalous, I was on the next J Train to Manhattan! That little charade took the word "whipped" to whole new level!

So...... If anyone wants to get married... Let them do it! Some work, and some fail. The funny thing is that neither of us have been in a rush to get a divorce.

If I ever do it again..... Which I probably wont...... Why does someone else care? Why do they even have an opinion?

People have to learn from their mistakes! I've been engaged for the last 2 1/2 years, and may not ever get "married" again.

I guess I need to get a divorce sometime soon either way! Lol!B)

Guys i been quiet on this issue and sorry if sound insenative. With that said, we are all human beings and if anyone 'gay' or straight' wants to live their lives with person of their choice whether same sex or not, it's their choice.

As a 'Christian' and 'hertosexual' I have mixed emotions on this 'new' law. Thus I prefer to keep most of my views 'private' on this issue.

With that said, gay marriage should legal in all 50 US states since it is now law in about 10 states. This is not something like a gun issue but a law that affects everyone in America and vary from state-state.

It's unfair for gay couples to be able to marry legally in 1 state and not in another. What is a suprise (which many Christian leaders including Archbishop Dolan are not looking at) is that a majority of Catholic New Yorkers around 55% now support same marriage.

Thus those in the LGBT should be protected in civil rights/bias laws.

At same time for those of you who bash relglion(majority of the laws in America come from sources like the bible)including the Constution. Don't have to agree but stating facts the influence of the Judha-Christian faith has on the western world.

Dante good for you in coming out. No shame in expressing your true feelings on your sexuality. I still consider you a friend.:tup: I already came out LOL on a different secret in fact I overcame a form of autism called Apsenger's. So who am I to judge.

I'm just wondering why this thread became a flame war. Let people do what they want to do. You just look at yourself and yourself ONLY. Want to hear something funny? This thread is 85% opinions not facts. There are some facts. Just stop STOP NOW! Just leave everyone alone and focus and yourself.

nuff said!!!

(People just can't stop until there right can they)

And why do so many people care... *** Dammit!

Lmao, compared to the other place, this is very tame if it really was a flame war.

im happy to hear that you are out and living life in the open rather than hiding everything :)

Thanks J! I owe some of it to you!:tup:

Guys i been quiet on this issue and sorry if sound insenative. With that said, we are all human beings and if anyone 'gay' or straight' wants to live their lives with person of their choice whether same sex or not, it's their choice.

As a 'Christian' and 'hertosexual' I have mixed emotions on this 'new' law. Thus I prefer to keep most of my views 'private' on this issue.

With that said, gay marriage should legal in all 50 US states since it is now law in about 10 states. This is not something like a gun issue but a law that affects everyone in America and vary from state-state.

It's unfair for gay couples to be able to marry legally in 1 state and not in another. What is a suprise (which many Christian leaders including Archbishop Dolan are not looking at) is that a majority of Catholic New Yorkers around 55% now support same marriage.

Thus those in the LGBT should be protected in civil rights/bias laws.

At same time for those of you who bash relglion(majority of the laws in America come from sources like the bible)including the Constution. Don't have to agree but stating facts the influence of the Judha-Christian faith has on the western world.

Dante good for you in coming out. No shame in expressing your true feelings on your sexuality. I still consider you a friend.:tup: I already came out LOL on a different secret in fact I overcame a form of autism called Apsenger's. So who am I to judge.

Thanks man! And about the Catholic priests...... More than half of them (I'm sure) are gay anyway! Reminds me of the (Catholic) guy who led Bush's anti-gay crusade, then finally came out last year and said he was gay! Those are the types that burn me up! You are soooooo anti-gay in public, then behind closed doors it's a completely different story! I have run across so may of those types in my life its ridiculous!

At this point, I'm beginning to wonder about some of the people who are extremely homophobic... Personally I know about 4 of these types that ended up being....... You guessed it... Gay!

Lmao, compared to the other place, this is very tame if it really was a flame war.

No flaming here... Just a bunch of strong personalities trying to get some points across. Some people won't dare touch this thread!B)

Well when I ran my dumb ass to City Hall, I got married for ALL the wrong reasons!

I met my wife when she was 17, and I was 22! We worked together, and I was with this other chick..... Who ended up being the mother of my child.

So, I wouldn't talk to her because she was younger than me. I don't go for kids, so I told her when she was of legal drinking age, to give me a call.

She did! And put something on me so scandalous, I was on the next J Train to Manhattan! That little charade took the word "whipped" to whole new level!

So...... If anyone wants to get married... Let them do it! Some work, and some fail. The funny thing is that neither of us have been in a rush to get a divorce.

If I ever do it again..... Which I probably wont...... Why does someone else care? Why do they even have an opinion?

People have to learn from their mistakes! I've been engaged for the last 2 1/2 years, and may not ever get "married" again.

I guess I need to get a divorce sometime soon either way! Lol!B)

What the hell was you thinking? I plan on atleast having a kid and marriage is something I cant see myself doing

All I can say is wow at that twin situation.....reminds me when I was wit this chick that lived in Washington Hts. Spent the night at her place got up like 3am to use the bathroom, her sister who had the looks Jessica Alba came out her room in her underwear as I came out the bathroom; she asked me to help her with her computer so me being me I already knew what it was...lets just say I had a very good sleep over...

I touched......

.....this thread.

Perfect example of a waste of good thread space!:mad:

What the hell was you thinking? I plan on atleast having a kid and marriage is something I cant see myself doing

All I can say is wow at that twin situation.....reminds me when I was wit this chick that lived in Washington Hts. Spent the night at her place got up like 3am to use the bathroom, her sister who had the looks Jessica Alba came out her room in her underwear as I came out the bathroom; she asked me to help her with her computer so me being me I already knew what it was...lets just say I had a very good sleep over...

I wasn't thinking! That's the problem! Well...... I wasn't thinking with the head on my shoulders that is! Lol!

I'm sorry, but I just can't take this anymore!

Let's go back to the 5 year old boy who found other guys attractive.....

That little boy was me! I was raised in a Christian household with strong Christian values too. Shielded from anything that was not "pure."

Now, as a 28 year old father, It's time to come clean, and I don't care about what anyone has to say about it! I respect every last one of your opinions, but some of you cannot relate.

A few people on the board may not even engage in conversation with me after this, but I couldn't care less! Your loss. At the end of the day, I am still the same ol Dante aka East New Youk you have known for years.

I am a very confident, God-fearing man who knows where I came from, and where I'm going.

I have always been attracted to beautiful people. Male, Female, white, black, hispanic etc. As a teenager, I tried to "pray away" my bi-sexuality. That was the roughest period of my life! I thought I was sick in the head, and frequently asked God why of all the people in the world, did he have to curse me with this sin! I started rebelling, and getting into all kinds of trouble because I had NO self esteem, and I had no friends I could relate too. I wouldn't be caught dead with ANYONE who was openly gay. I was even ashamed to go out with my brother in public! What kind of life is that for anyone to live??? Trying to be "100% straight" has taken a toll on me for more than 20 years.

So now that we have the gay/straight discussion out of the way, lets talk about someone in between....

I love women to death.... Have a child, and no one other than my best friend knows I am actually married.

Yes, I have been married to a WOMAN since spring 2006. We are separated now, and it has nothing to do with who I am. We are just incompatible.

Unlike guys on the DL, I told all of my girlfriend about who I really was. I don't think it's fair that 50%-60% of the guys who are married actually like guys. The affect that has on a women is just devastating! And after they got over being mad at me, they respected the hell out of me because they knew nobody else would ever tell them what I was. At the end of the day, they loved me for me.

That's also how HIV gets passes right and left! Living a lie has killed many men and women.

I thank God that my mother had a best friend who was gay. He passed away from AIDS related complications about 3 years ago. Because of him, my mother taught me what the world was really like, and I thank her for that because I couldn't be healthier than I am. She taught me about DL guys passing HIV on to females, and to be careful no matter what I chose to do in life.

My point is plain and simple. It's NOT a choice in the sense of the word as we look at it.

No matter how hard I tried to go to church, or "pray away" that part of me, it just doesn't work! Nobody chooses to live a life of secret torture!

So being Black/Hispanic/Italian/Cherokee, I was always expected to be something other than what I am. I had plenty of GF, and even more flings. I just have an attraction to both sexes. Always have, and always will.

I was expected to have 10 children by the time I was 25, because I have always been a ladies may. Some of my GF's rival the looks of all those broads we see on TV!

I had a feeling this thread was going to end up with me making this post.

So.... What's the cure for me? I already like women..... Likely had more than most of you all combined EVER will!

I'm just tired of this crap, and I'm here to break down this stereotypical wall!

To all the other people that have come out, knowing this is not widely accepted.... I applaud you for having the courage that I never did! But you all have inspired me!

A few of my friends are going to be quite upset about this. But they should know, I'm the same guy they have known forever. Yeah, I'm talking to you!

"Straight People" have contributed to the fact that I have shielded this from the world for 20 years. Being bi-sexual, of mixed race and from the hood makes for a hard knock life!

But now I'm free! In love, and never been happier in my entire life!

Do you! Because I am definitely going to do me! And anyone who doesn't like it can keep it moving. If you look at me different, you were never really a "true" friend in the first place. For my friends that don't know, I want to sincerely apologize for you having to find out this way!

F it! I'm On One!

ENY Out!

Thank You!!! A great truthful post at last. :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup: And it's always good to be yourself and care.

I'm sorry, but I just can't take this anymore!

Let's go back to the 5 year old boy who found other guys attractive.....

That little boy was me! I was raised in a Christian household with strong Christian values too. Shielded from anything that was not "pure."

Now, as a 28 year old father, It's time to come clean, and I don't care about what anyone has to say about it! I respect every last one of your opinions, but some of you cannot relate.

A few people on the board may not even engage in conversation with me after this, but I couldn't care less! Your loss. At the end of the day, I am still the same ol Dante aka East New Youk you have known for years.

I am a very confident, God-fearing man who knows where I came from, and where I'm going.

I have always been attracted to beautiful people. Male, Female, white, black, hispanic etc. As a teenager, I tried to "pray away" my bi-sexuality. That was the roughest period of my life! I thought I was sick in the head, and frequently asked God why of all the people in the world, did he have to curse me with this sin! I started rebelling, and getting into all kinds of trouble because I had NO self esteem, and I had no friends I could relate too. I wouldn't be caught dead with ANYONE who was openly gay. I was even ashamed to go out with my brother in public! What kind of life is that for anyone to live??? Trying to be "100% straight" has taken a toll on me for more than 20 years.

So now that we have the gay/straight discussion out of the way, lets talk about someone in between....

I love women to death.... Have a child, and no one other than my best friend knows I am actually married.

Yes, I have been married to a WOMAN since spring 2006. We are separated now, and it has nothing to do with who I am. We are just incompatible.

Unlike guys on the DL, I told all of my girlfriend about who I really was. I don't think it's fair that 50%-60% of the guys who are married actually like guys. The affect that has on a women is just devastating! And after they got over being mad at me, they respected the hell out of me because they knew nobody else would ever tell them what I was. At the end of the day, they loved me for me.

That's also how HIV gets passes right and left! Living a lie has killed many men and women.

I thank God that my mother had a best friend who was gay. He passed away from AIDS related complications about 3 years ago. Because of him, my mother taught me what the world was really like, and I thank her for that because I couldn't be healthier than I am. She taught me about DL guys passing HIV on to females, and to be careful no matter what I chose to do in life.

My point is plain and simple. It's NOT a choice in the sense of the word as we look at it.

No matter how hard I tried to go to church, or "pray away" that part of me, it just doesn't work! Nobody chooses to live a life of secret torture!

So being Black/Hispanic/Italian/Cherokee, I was always expected to be something other than what I am. I had plenty of GF, and even more flings. I just have an attraction to both sexes. Always have, and always will.

I was expected to have 10 children by the time I was 25, because I have always been a ladies may. Some of my GF's rival the looks of all those broads we see on TV!

I had a feeling this thread was going to end up with me making this post.

So.... What's the cure for me? I already like women..... Likely had more than most of you all combined EVER will!

I'm just tired of this crap, and I'm here to break down this stereotypical wall!

To all the other people that have come out, knowing this is not widely accepted.... I applaud you for having the courage that I never did! But you all have inspired me!

A few of my friends are going to be quite upset about this. But they should know, I'm the same guy they have known forever. Yeah, I'm talking to you!

"Straight People" have contributed to the fact that I have shielded this from the world for 20 years. Being bi-sexual, of mixed race and from the hood makes for a hard knock life!

But now I'm free! In love, and never been happier in my entire life!

Do you! Because I am definitely going to do me! And anyone who doesn't like it can keep it moving. If you look at me different, you were never really a "true" friend in the first place. For my friends that don't know, I want to sincerely apologize for you having to find out this way!

F it! I'm On One!

ENY Out!

My new job has kept me out of the loop! This is the best news I've heard all day! I'm so happy that you finally felt free enough to share this part of your life with us and I completely support you 100%. Bravo man BRAVO!!!! (clap clap) :tup::tup:

• 1 year later...

All I have to say is this. I think gay marriage is strange. I am not against it. I am not gay either. You just gotta let some people live the way they are. There is nothing wrong with it, we are all just humans, humans with different tastes.

Brighton Express aka trainguy97

All I have to say is this. I think gay marriage is strange. I am not against it. I am not gay either. You just gotta let some people live the way they are. There is nothing wrong with it, we are all just humans, humans with different tastes.

Brighton Express aka trainguy97

Your post is rather contradictory.... On the one hand you say gay marriage is strange and on the other hand you say you have to let some people live the way they are, so which is it?

Holy thread bump, batman!

As for the post though, look, my opinion is that everybody is entitled toward their opinion. Everybody is allowed to like or dislike gay marriage, that's all fine. Personal preference is just that, personal. But nobody is entitled to stop somebody who loves somebody else from marrying them...and that's the reason that gay marriage needs to be legal across the world.

@Dante: I remember when you made that post, just seen it again now, props props and props for the second time around.

Your post is rather contradictory.... On the one hand you say gay marriage is strange and on the other hand you say you have to let some people live the way they are, so which is it?

I think he feels that it's weird but whatever.

There's no contradiction. His first sentence doesn't suggest that he's taking any particular position but an opinion, and the following sentences just say "it's just the way it is."

As for the post though, look, my opinion is that everybody is entitled toward their opinion. Everybody is allowed to like or dislike gay marriage, that's all fine. Personal preference is just that, personal. But nobody is entitled to stop somebody who loves somebody else from marrying them...and that's the reason that gay marriage needs to be legal across the world.

I love my dog. Can I marry him?

Archived