Is this routine?

8thAveExpress

Yesterday at around 1:25, I got on a 7 train to go to Citi Field for a tour. I was in the front car looking out the storm door, when I smelled smoke. I looked over to my right at the motorman and there he was smoking a cigg. while driving! He threw his cigg. out the window and had started his 2nd one. I was just wondering if this was something that a lot of motormen/motorwomen do?

Yesterday at around 1:25, I got on a 7 train to go to Citi Field for a tour. I was in the front car looking out the storm door, when I smelled smoke. I looked over to my right at the motorman and there he was smoking a cigg. while driving! He threw his cigg. out the window and had started his 2nd one. I was just wondering if this was something that a lot of motormen/motorwomen do?

I don't think so seeing it's ilegal to smoke in the subway...

As stated above, smoking in the subway is against the law on all parts of the system including c/r and t/o cabs. Having said that, Ive personally seen t/o's and s/a's stepping out to pull a drag.

Actually, I've had a few of those cases in which the T/O or C/R smoked in the cab while en route. It made the whole car smell bad and caused people to inhale second hand smoke.

you could go to the park and the same thing would happen!

The park you have an opportunity to get away from. The train; you're stuck on it till the next stop.

Especially when you ride the (D) or (N) over the Manhattan Bridge. You need to stay on the train a whole lot of time till you get to atlantic.

Archived