Just Some Novas...

SevenEleven

The bus was delivered white and without destination signs being programmed because it was a last minute decision to send it to NYC. This was supposed to be a Nova demo. However it was decided to be used for testing of the A/C because of the issues with the previous order. The true pilot will actually start being built next week, however it will have a Carrier A/C because this was the original plan for the 328 order. Regular production of the first batch from the 328 is currently scheduled for around August 24th.

The frameless windows do not make it a LFX. However they are nice. I think the bus looks much better.

They could change the A/C now if they wanted to with a contract amendment. But what doesn't make sense is that we already have 15 LFSs running with the Thermo King ATHENIA system, why bring another bus into the fold just to test a HVAC we're already testing...

Great shots there!:tup:

The bus was delivered white and without destination signs being programmed because it was a last minute decision to send it to NYC. This was supposed to be a Nova demo. However it was decided to be used for testing of the A/C because of the issues with the previous order. The true pilot will actually start being built next week, however it will have a Carrier A/C because this was the original plan for the 328 order. Regular production of the first batch from the 328 is currently scheduled for around August 24th.

The frameless windows do not make it a LFX. However they are nice. I think the bus looks much better.

Very interesting!

They could change the A/C now if they wanted to with a contract amendment. But what doesn't make sense is that we already have 15 LFSs running with the Thermo King ATHENIA system, why bring another bus into the fold just to test a HVAC we're already testing...

I was just looking at that LFSA, and noticed its definitely not full MTA specs.

It's possible they want to test the TK option out on the artic because of the current ones, which I hear are already preferred over the Carrier option? It is possible that the TA is looking to changing over to the TK?

But of course, I'm just speculating at this point. Either way, this will be very interesting to see how this all plays out!

Thanks for the info Novasupporter! Do you happen to know just how large will be the first batch?

And a little off-topic question, has the production of the Connecticut hybrids started yet?

First batch is 88 buses with TK A/C's (plus or minus 1 because of pilot).

Connecticut order will start this coming week with the first bus, the other 9 of the order will be in September.

Awesome pics! B)

Anyone knows what's the powertrain of this bus? As there are no videos yet.

ZF Ecolife with Cummins ISL10 330HP

The second batch is rumored to be Carrier. Part of the decision was Carrier being sold to MCC and shuting down the Athens, GA plant and their ability to meet the deliveries. The issue being tested with the Artic demo is ability of the A/C and airflow, not an issue that I am aware of on the LFS only the LFSA.

First batch is 88 buses with TK A/C's (plus or minus 1 because of pilot).

Connecticut order will start this coming week with the first bus, the other 9 of the order will be in September.

ZF Ecolife with Cummins ISL10 330HP

The second batch is rumored to be Carrier. Part of the decision was Carrier being sold to MCC and shuting down the Athens, GA plant and their ability to meet the deliveries. The issue being tested with the Artic demo is ability of the A/C and airflow, not an issue that I am aware of on the LFS only the LFSA.

There is issues with our 40-foot Nova LFSs too with the Carrier units, too. Same Issue! Front of the bus is cold, mid to rear is Hot.

There is issues with our 40-foot Nova LFSs too with the Carrier units, too. Same Issue! Front of the bus is cold, mid to rear is Hot.

I was not aware of that. If that is the case the air flow on the two buses is slightly different and would have different fixes. Wonder why this hasn't delayed shipments of the current orders of LFSs.

I was not aware of that. If that is the case the air flow on the two buses is slightly different and would have different fixes. Wonder why this hasn't delayed shipments of the current orders of LFSs.

The order WAS delayed, the buses are a month late because the order was stopped due to multiple issues from seats to electrical. Don't know how the units that are coming in now are because I haven't ridden one yet, but the Carrier equipped units that arrived prior to the delivery stoppage are not doing so hot in the HVAC department.

So it may be very well that the MTA dumped the Carrier units for the Thermo Kings on the new LFSA order. Either way, some contacts at the TA confirmed that the white LFS Artic is in fact, the MTA's bus and will be hitting the streets sometime late next week.

Archived