Will Staten Island see select bus service

Staten Island

lol... I see you get around... I'm starting to wonder if you've rode more SI express lines than me... :eek:

It's possible since I don't do the fan trips, but anyway I've used these SI express bus lines thus far:

X1, X2, X7, X9, X10B, X10C, X11, X12, (X13 when it existed) X14, X15, X16 (when it existed), X17C, X17J, X30, X42

Meant to ask you this when you talked about how you took the X22 a while back.

- of the x1-9, only one I never took was the x8; the one that travels on leverett via lwr manhattan....

- of the x10-19, only ones I never been on was the (current) 14 and the (now defunct) 16....

- the old x20 I been on about a handful of times, also taken the 22, 23, 24, 30, 31, and the (42 about 10 times or so).....

the ones I've ridden the most are the 7, 10, 17c, 19, 22, 24, and the 31... tend to get my best naps in on the 22 & the 24...

cant sleep on the x31 at all b/c it's like, I'm usually the only one on the bus past the ring rd. stop (I ride it out to ETC everytime for the S79 there instead; don't like waiting for the S79 @ the first stop... I have a reason for that....)... on the 31 though, dam b/o's think I'm some straggler that ended up takin the wrong bus or somethin, since seldom anyone uses it past merry mount.....

whenever I take the 19 (which is my fav. exp. route to fan btw), I'm too worried about oversleeping & ending up in Huguenot & possibly seeing one of my ex's again... ole girl lives 2 blocks away from the last stop of the 17c/19 over there @ vineland by that school... I hated takin the 17c during those saturdays that I did, to go & see her a** (and the rest of her)... lol...

I always take the 19 out to huguenot/drumgoole & walk to SIR huguenot.... depending on my mood, I'll either ride SIR out to eltingville for the 79, or out to Old town - for the S79

(sometimes I stop at the domino's over there; gotta know the spots)...

By the way, does the S59 terminate in that loop (where the S54 and S89 terminate) off-peak?

Nope.... those S59's dropoff at that same SB S78 stop on the NW corner of richmond/hylan I made a reference to in my last post....

come to think of it, the 59's I see that make that dropoff, continue south on Hylan.... not sure what that's about....

cant sleep on the x31 at all b/c it's like, I'm usually the only one on the bus past the ring rd. stop (I ride it out to ETC everytime for the S79 there instead; don't like waiting for the S79 @ the first stop... I have a reason for that....)... on the 31 though, dam b/o's think I'm some straggler that ended up takin the wrong bus or somethin, since seldom anyone uses it past merry mount.....

Nope.... those S59's dropoff at that same SB S78 stop on the NW corner of richmond/hylan I made a reference to in my last post....

come to think of it, the 59's I see that make that dropoff, continue south on Hylan.... not sure what that's about....

It probably is faster to stay on until the ETC. The S79 has to travel on Ring Road, and then travel along Forest Hill Road, whereas the X31 is more direct.

So I assume they pick up northbound at that stop on Richmond Avenue (just like the ones coming from Tottenville do), correct?

So I assume they pick up northbound at that stop on Richmond Avenue (just like the ones coming from Tottenville do), correct?

That's the same assumption I have, b/c I don't ever remember seeing a S59 pickup inside there..... some'll layover inside there, but me personally, I don't see pickups...

The two times I ever attempted to take a NB S59 @ Hylan..... the first time, I saw a 59 make its last dropoff comin from pt. richmond, and I bolted across the street inside the terminal, assuming it picks up inside there.... b/o pointed across the street to me.... crossed hylan again (then having to cross richmond also) & waited for like 15 mins... ended up sayin t'hell w/ it & just took a 79....

the 2nd time (after havin remembered that 1st instance) I just waited at that stop you're talkin about... there were 2 buses inside the terminal, one of them was the S59 I eventually got on (one other passenger got on along w/ me)... there were no other pax on before we got on....

Maybe LRG, SIR North Shore, or someone else can help us out with that.... I don't know the rule/protocol regarding if 59's is supposed to (or do) pickup there or not.....

- of the x1-9, only one I never took was the x8; the one that travels on leverett via lwr manhattan....

- of the x10-19, only ones I never been on was the (current) 14 and the (now defunct) 16....

- the old x20 I been on about a handful of times, also taken the 22, 23, 24, 30, 31, and the (42 about 10 times or so).....

the ones I've ridden the most are the 7, 10, 17c, 19, 22, 24, and the 31... tend to get my best naps in on the 22 & the 24...

whenever I take the 19 (which is my fav. exp. route to fan btw), I'm too worried about oversleeping & ending up in Huguenot & possibly seeing one of my ex's again... ole girl lives 2 blocks away from the last stop of the 17c/19 over there @ vineland by that school... I hated takin the 17c during those saturdays that I did, to go & see her a** (and the rest of her)... lol...

I always take the 19 out to huguenot/drumgoole & walk to SIR huguenot.... depending on my mood, I'll either ride SIR out to eltingville for the 79, or out to Old town - for the S79

(sometimes I stop at the domino's over there; gotta know the spots)...

lol@ex-girlfriend... I almost took the X3 once but I didn't feel like having to transfer to the subway afterwards, so I waited for the X2 instead. The X8 I've also considered. I may use them in the future. Same thing with the X31, though the X31 seems to serve folks by the SIE and Bradley Avenue that want a quicker commute to Midtown and don't want to deal with the X10. I have a friend down in Tottenville who I've known since my days back in Sheepshead Bay H.S. Perhaps one day I'll take the X22 and visit her, but it seems like we're a world away. lol She used to live in Oakwood and then she moved even further down to Tottenville. I told her why don't you just move to NJ? What's even crazier is that she works in Downtown Brooklyn and takes the SIR from Tottenville to the ferry to the subway every day. :eek: If she drives to the SIR then that's four connections...

lol@ex-girlfriend... I almost took the X3 once but I didn't feel like having to transfer to the subway afterwards, so I waited for the X2 instead. The X8 I've also considered. I may use them in the future. Same thing with the X31, though the X31 seems to serve folks by the SIE and Bradley Avenue that want a quicker commute to Midtown and don't want to deal with the X10. I have a friend down in Tottenville who I've known since my days back in Sheepshead Bay H.S. Perhaps one day I'll take the X22 and visit her, but it seems like we're a world away. lol She used to live in Oakwood and then she moved even further down to Tottenville. I told her why don't you just move to NJ? What's even crazier is that she works in Downtown Brooklyn and takes the SIR from Tottenville to the ferry to the subway every day. :eek: If she drives to the SIR then that's four connections...

yep, the x31 is an alternative to the 10, and also to the 17..... can you imagine those folks on merry mount & on travis all on 17's if the 31 didn't exist as it does during weekdays....

as for that commute your friend makes, I would go nuts.... the full SIR, to the ferry, then the train back to (downtown) brooklyn..... good ole 3 borough commute....

Archived