Blackberry Bold (9000)

Harry

Blackberry Bold (9000) Specifications

• Size - Length: 144mm, Width: 66mm, Thickness: 14mm
  • Weight (with battery) - 133g (same as the 88xx series. I can attest to it!)
  • Memory - 1GB on-board plus 128 MB Flash
  • Battery - 1500mAhr lithium cell
  • Est. Battery Life - Standby: 13 days, Talk Time: 5 hours
  • Network Support - UMTS: 2100 / 1900 / 850MHz, GSM: 1900 / 1800 / 900 / 850 MHz, GPRS, EDGE and HDSPA networks
  • Wi-Fi - 803.11a/b/g enabled
  • Display - HVGA, 480 x 320 pixels, Transmissive TFT LCD, supports over 65k colors
  • Media Player, Video Support - DivX 4, Div X 5 & 6 are partially supported, XviD is partially supported, H.263, H.264 and WMV3
  • Media Player, Audio Support - .3gp, MP3, WMA9 (.wma/.asf), WMA9 Pro/WMA 10, MIDI, AMR-NB, Professional AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
  • Media Player, Audio - BlackBerry Media Sync allows you to transfer your desktop iTunes music to the BlackBerry Bold.
  • Camera - 2.0MP, 5 x digital zoom (with flash of course)
  • GPS - internal GPS with extended ephemeris, BB Maps is standard
  • Bluetooth - Bluetooth v2.0, all the normal stuff and Bluetooth Stereo Audio via A2DP and AVCRP
  • USB Port - Enables charging and high-speed data synchronizations via USB “A” to mini-USB “B” cable
  • Browser - HTML browsing, View Movies/Clips from websites built for mobile streaming, RSS feed support

bbbold_1.jpg

Blackberry_Bold.jpg

Screen shots look decent. THe blackberry OS visual interface has come a long way. I still prefer the iPhone, because it has features other "smart phones" still don't have, plus i'm a fan of larger screens. I am sure some people will love this, just not for me.

- Andy

Screen shots look decent. THe blackberry OS visual interface has come a long way. I still prefer the iPhone, because it has features other "smart phones" still don't have, plus i'm a fan of larger screens. I am sure some people will love this, just not for me.

- Andy

In my line of work an iPhone just doesn't cut it.

I will be upgrading from the Blackberry Curve to the Bold as soon as it is released.

This is for me x3! :cool:

That is one sleek looking phone. I will consider it when I decide to upgrade from my t-mobile mda. The Blackberry bold 9000 must be around $600-$700 when it comes out. Still it will give the Iphone some serious competition.

It should be around $300-$400 when it is released with contract of course.

I hate at&t with a passion!

I don't like ATT for the simple reason that they are competing with an inferior technology against verizon for landline users, however i have never had a stumbling block issue with them, and they are very keen to my financial situation & the fact that i do and try to pay my bill on time every time. Verizon on the other hand, charged my family for disconnected lines over 8 months (mobile). Verizon landline service has been awesome.

- Andy

I would get a 22% corporate discount on Verizon Wireless from my company and I have yet to switch over to Verizon for cellular phone service. I still have about one year left in my contract with at&t. I used to be a Nextel customer for over 6 years, then switched to Verizon for a month, then to at&t up to this day. I was just about to switch back to Verizon to take advantage of the 22% discount then RIM announces the Blackberry Bold. :confused:

I don't like ATT for the simple reason that they are competing with an inferior technology against verizon for landline users, however i have never had a stumbling block issue with them, and they are very keen to my financial situation & the fact that i do and try to pay my bill on time every time. Verizon on the other hand, charged my family for disconnected lines over 8 months (mobile). Verizon landline service has been awesome.

- Andy

Actually, Verizon's FIOS and at&t's U-Verse are vertually the exact same technology. Not only that but don't forget that Verizon is a "Baby Bell" so they once used to be at&t.

I would get a 22% corporate discount on Verizon Wireless from my company and I have yet to switch over to Verizon for cellular phone service. I still have about one year left in my contract with at&t. I used to be a Nextel customer for over 6 years, then switched to Verizon for a month, then to at&t up to this day. I was just about to switch back to Verizon to take advantage of the 22% discount then RIM announces the Blackberry Bold. :confused:

I had Nextel for 8 years, and I swiched to the Sprint PCS side about 6 months ago. I want to switch to Verizon, or get the Sprint Nextel Hybrid. I used to work for at&t, and I don't like their business tactics at all!

Archived