It's winding down to it for August 15th at Zerega!

Acela Express

Thanks Locomotion69, and peek717.

I feel overprepared and humble as they come.

As always, I will update my #5025 progress thread as I execute everyday til August 24th - the 7th day of training.

Just felt this thread should be a confidence boost for myself and upcoming classmates.

And peek717, you'll do fine.

Please keep your thread updated with progress.

When you make it, lend someone else a hand. Keep the chain going.

And speaking of lending a hand, I had my lady apply for MTA Bus the first day of filing this month.

:cool::cool:

Thanks Locomotion69, and peek717.

I feel overprepared and humble as they come.

As always, I will update my #5025 progress thread as I execute everyday til August 24th - the 7th day of training.

Just felt this thread should be a confidence boost for myself and upcoming classmates.

And peek717, you'll do fine.

Please keep your thread updated with progress.

When you make it, lend someone else a hand. Keep the chain going.

And speaking of lending a hand, I had my lady apply for MTA Bus the first day of filing this month.

:cool::cool:

Thats great bro, and hope your lady gets a low number so she can join the crew, and keep passing on the info about MTA BUS is hiring like i have been doing and you will do fine, just like what i told you before and everyone else getting into boot camp as i call it. Take your time and listen listen listen lol.

All those heading to Zerega in the morning, although I previously posted this, I felt I shoud re-post as Orientation Day is upon you:

I'd like to set the record straight on what will happen on the training bus providing you get through the initial investigation process:

Do's:

On time at your reporting location (20-30 min. before report time)

Sit up close and pay attention

Listen to your instructor

Ask questions if you don't understand something requested of you

Read your training manual every night

Don’ts:

Debate your instructor

Think because you have a CDL you will automatically pass

Be ashamed to resign if you feel the job is not for you

Listen to negative remarks from other students

Be in denial when your instructor documents an unsatisfactory performance

You will be assigned an instructor and a report depot. You will not be placed at a depot near your home intentionally. It's chosen at random and if it ends up that way, good for you.

The first couple of days on the bus you will be observed for any bad habits you may have brought to the training bus. This is the case with students who may have driven a bus or a large vehicle, school bus etc... in the past.

You will also be taught the skills that must be performed satisfactory by the final evaluation done by your instructor. You will be evaluated every day on your performance either Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory on routine items such as:

Air Brake Tests, Mirror Positioning and Use, Right and Left Turns, Highway Driving, Parking, Straight Line Backing, Bus Stops etc... After the first couple of days, you may be taken to Manhattan to see how you perform in the most challenging conditions. You may return the next day to Manhattan in preparation for your final evaluation from your instructor. Heavy-abrupt braking, excessive speed, rubbing or mounting a curb, unable to park, any use of the trolley brake (A brake used by the instructor) by the instructor to avoid contact between another vehicle etc... or prevent you from mounting a curb will result in an automatic failure.

There will be 3 decision days, Day 7, 9 and the final opportunity on Day 10. Do not put pressure on yourself to have to qualify in 7 days. This is a mistake. The extra 2 or 3 days of training either for the Day 9 release or Day 10, might be just what you need. Those who receive an Unsatisfactory on Day 10 will resign or be terminated by Management, period! This is serious and an Instructor wants to see you are capable of operating in passenger service without the instructor being there with you any longer. Should you qualify and get through the training bus, you will be assigned according to seniority a Bus Depot where you will begin to learn the routes with an operator from that depot. Midway through the 4 weeks learning the routes, those who must take a NYSDMV Road Test will do so at this time. Failures to this DMV Road Test could result in your termination. When you successfully qualify from the training bus, you are absolutely ready for your Road Test with DMV.

In closing, you will be the best at what you do, the best! The training department is a proud place and only the best move forward!

Hope this helps.

All the best!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mass Production, keep taking it a day at a time. As far as your license during the time ahead, "keep it clean" so when you get called for the position of bus operator, you will be ready. Stay away from points, as you know they get expensive and work against you.

If it's meant to be for you to be called, so be it and it will happen.

Things change and you may feel differently when you get called, might even be in a better situation. Until then, be the best at what you do.

Hold on to that CDL. You will basically feel like your staring all over when your day comes and that's a good thing...no deprogramming from bad CDL habits.

All the best.

Mass Production, keep taking it a day at a time. As far as your license during the time ahead, "keep it clean" so when you get called for the position of bus operator, you will be ready. Stay away from points, as you know they get expensive and work against you.

If it's meant to be for you to be called, so be it and it will happen.

Things change and you may feel differently when you get called, might even be in a better situation. Until then, be the best at what you do.

Hold on to that CDL. You will basically feel like your staring all over when your day comes and that's a good thing...no deprogramming from bad CDL habits.

All the best.

Thanks for the word of advice SimMan! My driving record has been clean for years, and I always keep it that way. That's a problem with a lot of people who think just because they passed a city or state exam already feel there at the top of the world, but what they don't realize that 90% of the jobs with the city or state require you to drive. I've seen a lot of people that I know in my life that can't get in do to there driving record being suspended, points off there license, or revoke. It really does play a big factor when getting hired.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived