Which LI City/Village/Town and Colleges Operates Shuttle Bus in Long Island?

FamousNYLover

I was wondering which village/town/city/colleges in Long Island operates shuttle bus service?

I was just wondering if they have shuttle buses, maybe these places could operate shuttle bus for discontinue LIB routes?

I know Hofras University, Adelphia has shuttle bus.

Hofstra, Adelphi, either CW Post or SUNY Old Westbury, Glen Cove, Long Beach

That's all I can think of, the rest is seniors only.

Not true.

Hofras University Shuttle are meant to meet train schedules at both Hempstead and Mineola Station.

I have taken express shuttle bus on cheese bus after MTA`s public hearing at Hofras University on March 23rd and lots of people got on including students, employees and people from public hearing.

Not true.

Hofras University Shuttle are meant to meet train schedules at both Hempstead and Mineola Station.

I have taken express shuttle bus on cheese bus after MTA`s public hearing at Hofras University on March 23rd and lots of people got on including students, employees and people from public hearing.

I said most not all the hofras one and the adelphi ones are useful the rest just are duplicates and should actually be LIB rtes subsidised by the colleges. Morgantown,WV gets subsidies for its bus network from the college. Even dutchess is in talks with the colleges up there there is no excuse why LIB can't do the same. I took LIB N24 from mineola LIRR to reach the hearings done on march 23rd unfortunately the plan I submitted to MTA was woefully incomplete and I didn't do enough research on LIB's flaws itself it was too reliant on merging weak lines with strong ones rather than strengthening weak lines with trip generators.

Yet still SCT rtes to Stony brook are CRUSHLOADED!!!!!!!!!!!! REAL BAD face against the glass BAD. Have you seen the S60!!!!!!!!!!! HELL on wheels.

Yup I've seen that myself. Mainly between Smith Haven and SUNY. This is the school's fault, they should have more shuttle buses for the students. I would like to see schools take more responsibility for their students by either providing more of their own buses or subsidizing extra trippers through the transit operator (whether it be ST or LIB).

Yup I've seen that myself. Mainly between Smith Haven and SUNY. This is the school's fault, they should have more shuttle buses for the students. I would like to see schools take more responsibility for their students by either providing more of their own buses or subsidizing extra trippers through the transit operator (whether it be ST or LIB).

well said colleges should subsidise school trippers

and with what money? To provide tons of bus service that is only going to benefit a fraction of the student body, especially in stony brook would require tuition hikes.

Stony Brook already has a lot of students dorming there, they have an LIRR station that is basically on campus, and plus plenty of students from suffolk county and further driving there.

and with what money? To provide tons of bus service that is only going to benefit a fraction of the student body, especially in stony brook would require tuition hikes.

Stony Brook already has a lot of students dorming there, they have an LIRR station that is basically on campus, and plus plenty of students from suffolk county and further driving there.

Well, a few buses isn't going to cost a whole lot extra to provide, when you spread it out over the whole student body. Obviously, if the buses are that crowded, there are a noticeable number of students using them.

Well, a few buses isn't going to cost a whole lot extra to provide, when you spread it out over the whole student body. Obviously, if the buses are that crowded, there are a noticeable number of students using them.

its up to the students themselves to get together and demand better service. The colleges don't care what people on a transit forum think, they want to hear from the students who actually use those buses.

Archived