Busfanning in Flatbush and Harlem (and one in Midwood)

Gong Gahou

First seven shots were taken on the 17th, next five on the 22th, and the rest on the 28th of September.

Enjoy! :(

I was surprised that I caught 5546. It's one of the few articulated buses around that still retain their original look. I don't like the repaints as much as the original.

044copy.jpg

045copy.jpg

050in.jpg

051copys.jpg

052izc.jpg

053copy.jpg

054copy.jpg

006copy.jpg

009ddv.jpg

010rr.jpg

020de.jpg

I guess you could call this a "bonus". I don't know what this is or why it's here, but it's one nice-looking vehicle!

088ta.jpg

113copy.jpg

114copya.jpg

115qh.jpg

119ec.jpg

120mu.jpg

122sn.jpg

All of the repaints look exactly like the original paint scheme the '02 and '03 D60's came with. 5543 still has the blue stripe around the back because of a mistake a dormant made when that bus was still at 126th

MVH9218 is spot-on in what I'm trying to say here.

I really shouldn't have said "repaint", as it sounds misleading. Rather, I think "minor exterior overhaul" would be much better. But yes, what I was addressing was basically the phasing out of the black back with the blue stripe, as well as the original font on many D60 buses.

Very nice shots. 5543, 5546, and 5575 all have their original paint schemes, great looking buses.

Thanks! I agree - they are great-looking buses, indeed! B)

Oh, you missed 5544.

088gq.jpg

094bj.jpg

Of course, they're all subject to change. Might as well enjoy them while they last.

Archived