Croton-Harmon station question

lilbluefoxie

at Croton-Harmon station, do they open doors on both sides when the trains stop in the middle tracks? (Tracks 1 and 2) for the island platform access.

Yup. It's done mainly (usually GCT-bound) for access to 'local' trains to Grand Central. North of Croton all of the trains are disel run.

Yup. It's done mainly (usually GCT-bound) for access to 'local' trains to Grand Central. North of Croton all of the trains are disel run.

would you happen to know which tracks are for what on a sunday midmorning. Im guessing Track 3 is for northbound diesels, Track 1 is for electrics ending in croton harmon, track 4 is for electric locals, and track 2 is for diesels and express electrics.

would you happen to know which tracks are for what on a sunday midmorning. Im guessing Track 3 is for northbound diesels, Track 1 is for electrics ending in croton harmon, track 4 is for electric locals, and track 2 is for diesels and express electrics.

That the usual track pattern 7 days a week. Not to mention late nights the Poughkeepsie-bound diesels on track 1, electrics from GCT terminating on track 3 track 2 for Southbound (from Poughkeepsie)diesel and track 4 for NY-bound locals.

However a major rehab work just began at Croton so the exact track assisgnments are subject to change. Just curious Foxie any reason for this info?:eek::confused:

That the usual track pattern 7 days a week. Not to mention late nights the Poughkeepsie-bound diesels on track 1, electrics from GCT terminating on track 3 track 2 for Southbound (from Poughkeepsie)diesel and track 4 for NY-bound locals.

However a major rehab work just began at Croton so the exact track assisgnments are subject to change. Just curious Foxie any reason for this info?:eek::confused:

planning a photo trip and I wanna know where to stand without having to go up and down the stairs too many times.

Yes PATH opens both sides at NWK/Penn. Manhattan bound only.

yea but do they open both doors on track 1 and 2 at croton, its important cuz im gunna be standing in the center platform and i want to make sure my train back which comes in on track 2 will have the doors open on my side, cuz i dont want to have to climb that huge staircase

yea but do they open both doors on track 1 and 2 at croton, its important cuz im gunna be standing in the center platform and i want to make sure my train back which comes in on track 2 will have the doors open on my side, cuz i dont want to have to climb that huge staircase

You might wanna hit up GregoryGrice on that(FB best). However, i know that track 4 the Locals would open up there, one way. And i dont think they will open both doors since there is no need for connecting to southbound trains, rather northbound. I would then stand on Track 1 (if thats the platform furthest to the east).

Track 3 is for Northbound trains, diesel and electric. Northbound electrics going into the yard may use 1, 2, and 4 as well. Southbound diesels use track 1. Southbound electrics use either 2 or 4. Only trains to open both sides are Southbound diesels arriving on 1 if the connection is on 2.

There is no requirement for the crews to open doors on both sides, most conductors do as a courtesy so you don't have to climb stairs.

Amtraks are always on 3 or 1.

CSX going into Croton Yard will come through track 2.

What HomeBall stated is pretty much the rule of thumb. Just keep in mind track assignments can change at any time due to track work, switch failures, etc.

On one rare occasion I was on a GCT to Harmon local electric trainset that arrived at Harmon on track 4 before going into the yard.

thanks for the tips everyone, I managed to get some good shots at Croton-Harman. the x:39 semi express was laid up there so after photographing it, I wound up taking the diesel express back to Grand Central. that thing goes FAST, I started daydreaming a bit and next thing I know im back in Yonkers already...

Archived