Subway - What If?

VWM

Next Scenario:

Again, due to the Empire State shooting, this time all tracks at 33rd Street on the (4), (5), and (6) are impassible. At the same time, due to an event at Madison Square Garden, extra (2) trains have been put into service and there is no space to reroute the (5) train to 7th Avenue. Good luck!

(4)(5) No service b/w 42 Street-Grand Central & Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall, ( (4) Via Lexington Avenue Local, since (5) doesn't run there late nights.)

(6) No service b/w 125 Street & Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

Yeah, I really think this is the first thread to get past page 100.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEXT:

Due to an electrical failure, the 110 St (2)(3) uptown track is down.

Lines affected: (2)(3)

My solution:

(2) Southbound trains run via Lexington Avenue Line. Select trains run to 135 Street.

(3) No service b/w 96 Street & 125 or 135 Streets. Trains terminating at 125 Street skip 135 Street uptown.

Trains already at 125 & 116 Streets turn where they are and resume regular service using the middle track @ 135 Street.

M7 and free shuttle buses provide alternative service.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

Due to a smoke Condition at 42 street on the (1)(2)(3) , no trains can pass the station. At the same time the switches south of Bowling green on the (4)(5) malfunctions and is stuck to the old loop.

(1) 242 St to 96 St, 34 St to South Ferry

(2) 241 St to 96 St, 14 St to Flatbush via 7 Av express

(3) suspended...use (2), (4)

(4) Woodlawn to Bowling Green, Borough Hall to New Lots via local

(5) Dyre Av to E. 180 St

NEXT...

By some divine intervention, a raccoon chews through a cable wire and knocks out power in all of Manhattan above 106 St

...have fun lol

Okay, here's my solution:

(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(S)(Z) suspended.

NEXT: Due to a smoke condition, the (F) line on Hillside Avenue is unusable.

BTW, sorry Fresh Pond. I didn't mean to be too harsh about your scenario...I just thought it was too big and crazy...

Route select http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-F_svg.png trains to Jamaica Center and Forest Hills

Okay, here's my solution:

(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(S)(Z) suspended.

NEXT: Due to a smoke condition, the (F) line on Hillside Avenue is unusable.

BTW, sorry Fresh Pond. I didn't mean to be too harsh about your scenario...I just thought it was too big and crazy...

Compared to half the stuff posted so far, it ain't that bad

As for yours, just dump the (F) at 71 Av

Something more dumbed down...

5 alarm substation fire at 36 St renders the whole station impassible

what do you do

Something more dumbed down...

As if shutting down all of northern Manhattan is intelligent :lol:!

5 alarm substation fire at 36 St renders the whole station impassible

what do you do

(D) runs in two sections: 9 Av - Coney Island; 205 St - Coney Island via the (F) line between Broadway-Lafayette Sts and Coney Island

(N) runs in two sections: 59 St - Coney Island; Astoria-Ditmars - Coney Island via the (Q) line between Canal St and Coney Island

(R) 71 Av - Whitehall St or Atlantic Av

(R) single-track shuttle between 45 St and 95 St; excess (R) trains lay up near 95 St or run via the (N) line to Coney Island.

4 Av, Sea Beach, and West End riders should ride the (D) or (N) to Coney Island and transfer to a Manhattan bound train running on the (F) or (Q) line.

Edited by TheSubwayStation

South Ferry is out because the switches are routing the 1 train onto the loop what do you do?

The last stop for trains will be Rector St...for South Ferry, customers have to transfer at Times Sq for (R) trains

A (C) train derails on the switch south of Canal St causing massive delays on all southbound (A)(C) and (E) trains. What do you do