No 7. Line Extension Project Update

IRT Bronx Express

They actually did build space for a future station at 10th Avenue. I highly doubt that they would build a station there though unless if the (7) was extended farther south or west to NJ.

Do we have a definitive source for the shell being built at 10th and 41st? I know there was a huge cry for it to be built (and it ought to have been), but I've never seen anything explicitly stating that the shell was planned or was built.

I want to be excited about this project but I'm not. Knowing that this extension doesn't have the 41st and 10th Ave station that it should have puts a dark cloud over this project for me and it's a damn shame too because it would be really worthwhile if they had just did the friggin station to add to the station at 34th St-Hudson Yard. Also, the 2nd Ave project is WAY more important than this. Just my 2 cents.

Totally agreed. This extension minus the 10th av station still means I have to rely on the crappy M42 line if I need to get to the westside highway for the Intrepid or whatever. This doesn't benifit me at all.

Also if going to the Javits center coming from Brooklyn to Manhattan, I'd have to go one stop north just to come back down just to avoid taking the M34 [prior to the SBS-dunno how much better it is]. So to me the (7) extension has no benefit for me at all.

Totally agreed. This extension minus the 10th av station still means I have to rely on the crappy M42 line if I need to get to the westside highway for the Intrepid or whatever. This doesn't benifit me at all.

Also if going to the Javits center coming from Brooklyn to Manhattan, I'd have to go one stop north just to come back down just to avoid taking the M34 [prior to the SBS-dunno how much better it is]. So to me the (7) extension has no benefit for me at all.

My God you brought up another point I never thought of! That 10th Ave station would be perfect for a place like the Intrepid because it's a much shorter walk to get there from that stop. I think there's a bowling alley over there too, Lucky Strikes I think. See how short-sighted them dimwitted bozos are in the city and even the (MTA)?! Just ridiculous. :tdown:

No tenth Avenue stop= :tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

Please don't spam the smilies. Thank you.

I have a later version of this forum setup on the one I moderate (Currently version 4.1.8) and that version limits you to four smilies per page.

Anyway, they do need to add the 10th Avenue station. Maybe if they ever do an extension of the (L) that I have previously written about here that would go up 10th Avenue to 72nd/Broadway they would add it.

Archived