L fubar

6 Lexington Ave

L train saga continues:

I was on the (L) train at around 8am, my train got stuck at Jefferson St for 10 minutes, then at Lorimer Ave for 5 minutes until the conductor made an announcement that the train will be skipping Bedford stopping at 1st. Everything seemed ok, until we hit train traffic at 3rd and being stuck there for about 5 minutes..D'oh!

Its amazing on how my average 45min commute is now taking a 1+ hr..Hopefully the MTA fixes these bugs out of the CBTC so the trains can run more reliability

After all, various transit systems worldwide use CBTC on their routes and trains and I'm sure they don't get this type of crap outs on a regular basis

Did they "add" on to an older existing sytem like they did here in New York is the million Dollar Question..

L train saga continues:

I was on the (L) train at around 8am, my train got stuck at Jefferson St for 10 minutes, then at Lorimer Ave for 5 minutes until the conductor made an announcement that the train will be skipping Bedford stopping at 1st. Everything seemed ok, until we hit train traffic at 3rd and being stuck there for about 5 minutes..D'oh!

Its amazing on how my average 45min commute is now taking a 1+ hr..Hopefully the MTA fixes these bugs out of the CBTC so the trains can run more reliability

Give it time brother Rome wasnt Built in a day...

If they got any sense they would be quiet LOL...

You install something updated and you dont make sure everything is updated???

Let alone yer back up system makes things even worse???

Yup add to that this is happening not even a few days after they JUST shut down the line for 53 hours from 8th ave to Bway Jct to work on the "master project"...

Sure, let's put the oldest and most unreliable cars in the fleet onto one of the most demanding lines in NYC. That will go over quite swimmingly. [/sarcasm]

Older does not always mean better. Now I don't particularly agree with the removal of the old signals as there should be some type of backup in place when things malfunction, but we can't write off the entire system because of one-time incidents. Remember, the idea is to add more trains to these lines and that can't happen with the old signals. However, if things like this keep happening, then we (Transit that is) need to look into why it keeps happening. After all, various transit systems worldwide use CBTC on their routes and trains and I'm sure they don't get this type of crap outs on a regular basis.

Yeah thats true but the (J) (maybe the (M))will be getting half of those Older cars (R32's) in the summer since 1/2 of their R160's will be placed on the (L) for the Extra Service because those 16 train sets or less will be coming off the (J)/(M) lines and the R32's are the only cars to be placed on those lines since they are the only 60" foot cars thats in Pairs with the exception of 12 R42's that are in storage (a pair has been stripped Im not trying to start nothing but its pretty obvious that they are gonna do what i just stated above My only question is the (C) eventhogh it might have no choice but to get the R46's

Glad I didn't take the (L) this morning but opted for the (3) instead. Right now, they got the (L) split up (8 Av-Bway Jct, Bway Jct to Canarsie single tracking). Dunno if that has something to do with it

That's for Canarsie fence work.

Archived