2 Things for sure

CPBO

Isn't MTABC covered by ATU, not TWU? If I remember correctly, TWU is making sure MTABC doesn't interfere with seniority on the TA/OA side of operations; and even excluded these guys from shuttle work, too, to keep the overtime within our division.

Right?

TWU represents both MTA B & TA/OA. I have done shuttle work in Brooklyn, coming from MTAB.

They are only fill-ins at LIB because all their operators are calling off and using up all their sick days while they are still MTA employees. Nothing more, and nothing less.

When BC merges with TA/OA things are going to change a little anyway.

FAR, JFK, and SC are ATU. The rest are TWU.

:tup:

There is more to it, as the precedent is now set for that type of coverage. TWU 100 should not have allowed it. Watch it come back to haunt them later during negotiations.

TWU represents both MTA B & TA/OA. I have done shuttle work in Brooklyn, coming from MTAB.

There is more to it, as the precedent is now set for that type of coverage. TWU 100 should not have allowed it. Watch it come back to haunt them later during negotiations.

Doesn't really matter that a precedent was set once the TA ends its contract with LIB. This is only temporary, unless or course MTA extends its contract with Nassau.

And as far as the TWU, they don't cover all of TA or BC.

Because there were all of three representatives that even knew people needed these and they couldn't do much themselves (one of whom was from Valley Stream).

And Mango still has the balls to claim that he "saved" everyone from the big bad ol' (MTA).

When are you gonna understand, He has NO CHOICE. Get it through your head

Joe

When are you gonna understand, He has NO CHOICE. Get it through your head

Joe

The day you understand how I feel, watching every other 18-20 year old dump money into a cheap $800 econobox only to wrap it around a lightpole a block away from school while talking to their buddy on their smartphones while I'm crammed into a narrow bus seat with five different people breathing down my throat watching the rest of the world go by.

In other words, never. Get it through yours first that I never liked Mangano. If not, deal with it, just like I have for the past two years.

let’s say that this goes well for them and they say you know what lets re-privatize the bus companies that made up MABSTOA and the step children MTABC...after all we are just a bus company....no authority?? Because they regret ever taken us over

Now for this assignment......these people did this all wrong....you take a city boy like myself stick him in the woods in the dark and say have at it....I was showed the N04 and the N27 and the N49 in one day...drove it the next in the dark....then drove the N27 in the am was showed the N21 one way then the N20 coming back...like 3hrs before I had the drive it...then they said they wanted to show me the N81 N80 and the N24 and I still had to learn the N72 with N71 extension...on the N21 on one particular day you had to start at RSMA end at Flushing...than dead head back to GNRR I guess some RR and go to Flushing....than dead head back to HKRR....like come on already...I have a headache thinking about this....they were trying to show me 10 lines with different start points end points deadheading here deadheading there....all while I had to drive it later in the night....too much information in one shot...mind you these are not city streets...directions with 27-30 turns on winding roads in the night....with no street signs.....or those ridiculously small street signs..

now one might wonder why did you ever take on this?...well I picked one job with 3 lines...and was told to go up to the drivers room before I start my second half to get all the details...as I would be starting this the next day...so I get upstairs and they are like you have Thursday and Friday off...I was like no I don't the work he showed me (union Rep) had Wed Thurs off payed 36 hrs, so he pulls out this piece of paper and says look it works 37 hrs and has Thurs and Friday off, he says somebody made a mistake...I look at the times all the days had different start and end times...then he said you will have to learn a few lines (a few lines to me is 3 maybe 4)...so I was Johnny on the spot (I felt like I was buying a used car and the one I bought mysteriously disappeared)...and said let’s do it..(after all my depot should have my back right??), now they never told me or showed me it had 10 lines, if they would have and they should of said now stop and think about this run has 10 lines to learn....right there I would of said no thank you...but I was in way over my head with this.....WAAAAYYYYY OVERRRR MYYY HEAAAADDDD....

So in the end this cost I allot of grief, stress.....I am taking a few days off to re-coup from this debacle....

CPBO out

You should have done the N25... most straightforward route - you follow all of one road which simply becomes another and you make about...four turns onto other streets, and that's at the very end of the route towards Great Neck.

Also, I had to wait 30 minutes for one just earlier because the 4:30 PM was apparently a return trip who came back 20 minutes late and the 4:45 PM went missing and is a victim of all these layoffs and bus operators just quitting.

The day you understand how I feel, watching every other 18-20 year old dump money into a cheap $800 econobox only to wrap it around a lightpole a block away from school while talking to their buddy on their smartphones while I'm crammed into a narrow bus seat with five different people breathing down my throat watching the rest of the world go by.

In other words, never. Get it through yours first that I never liked Mangano. If not, deal with it, just like I have for the past two years.

So you want the MTA to cut half the service on Jan 1. These are the cards Mangano has been dealt. So you have to suffer a little, poor baby. Unless you can get Nassau County $20,000,000 you have to take it just like everyone else does.

Joe

I think you were just the grumpy sociopath who showed up on Oak Street one day, hated it, but had nowhere else to go for 30 years, and your attitude reflects it.

Bravo sir, Bravo! I do believe we have a contender for "Quote of the Year!"

So you want the MTA to cut half the service on Jan 1. These are the cards Mangano has been dealt. So you have to suffer a little, poor baby. Unless you can get Nassau County $20,000,000 you have to take it just like everyone else does.

Joe

I have to disagree with that. It wasn't the cards he was dealt, and he did have a choice. He didn't save the system from any cuts. There will still be cuts in both 2012 and 2013. There is no way Veolia can operate the service anywhere near the current levels with the pennies Nassau is offering.

Doesn't really matter that a precedent was set once the TA ends its contract with LIB. This is only temporary, unless or course MTA extends its contract with Nassau.

And as far as the TWU, they don't cover all of TA or BC.

The precedent being that MTA Bus Division members were used to cover another MTA division's open work. Expiration of LIB contract is irrelevant, members were used, the same way the MTA wanted to a few years back and TWU wouldn't allow.

You are correct that TWU doesn't cover all of TA or BC.

No, because clearly you're taking it well, as well as everyone else with a car here. I think you were just the grumpy sociopath who showed up on Oak Street one day, hated it, but had nowhere else to go for 30 years, and your attitude reflects it.

Grumpy sociopath? Let me tell you something, I`m 54 years old, Ive been paying property taxes in Nassau County for 29 years, longer than you`ve been alive. How much have you paid? ZILCH. I am on record that the privitization is not good, but because of all the years of corrupt Nassau County Government, both Democrats and Republicans, we DON`T HAVE the money that the MTA wants. Yes Veolia will make cuts but not on Jan 1 that the MTA wouldve. Mangano has NO CHOICE unless you want to give the $20,000,000 to the MTA.

You`re just like one of the OWS people. You want everything given to you, thats not how the real world works. if you don`t have the money you have to go without. When you pay the amount of property taxes that I have then talk to me.

Joe

Grumpy sociopath? Let me tell you something, I`m 54 years old, Ive been paying property taxes in Nassau County for 29 years, longer than you`ve been alive. How much have you paid? ZILCH. I am on record that the privitization is not good, but because of all the years of corrupt Nassau County Government, both Democrats and Republicans, we DON`T HAVE the money that the MTA wants. Yes Veolia will make cuts but not on Jan 1 that the MTA wouldve. Mangano has NO CHOICE unless you want to give the $20,000,000 to the MTA.

You`re just like one of the OWS people. You want everything given to you, thats not how the real world works. if you don`t have the money you have to go without. When you pay the amount of property taxes that I have then talk to me.

Joe

350.jpg

I hope CPBO is okay, he said it was too much for him and he had to take a few days off.

Archived