9000s vs 7100s

BZGuy

When I was line training on the 319 the regional that was with me told me I can take standees. Me personally I would never take standees. I did a fair share of northern routes. 128/129/190 so I know what ya mean. Now the 308 I wouldn't take standees either. You have fun all day then stand for an 1hr n change I would be pissed.

7100 (and 7400s) are simply the best diesel buses ever made by MCI, and they are quick and stelth. 9000s, tierd transmission wise, but they can jet if you get a good one. I don't like either to be honest. I prefer my MCI D3-CNGs even tho DesignCrap are making the ecoCrusier.

7100 (and 7400s) are simply the best diesel buses ever made by MCI, and they are quick and stelth. 9000s, tierd transmission wise, but they can jet if you get a good one. I don't like either to be honest. I prefer my MCI D3-CNGs even tho DesignCrap are making the ecoCrusier.

CNG? The 7000's?!?!?!

Ok, I'm a fair and impartial guy. Why? LOL.

First off, any regional supervisor would write any B/O up for having standees on a 90 minute bus ride. Totally against the rules.

Item 1 - During my time at NJT, I was told when I was doing the 308, 319, 137, and 139: NO STANDEES.

Item 2 - NJT did mess up by not having extra buses on X-Mas, I agree. NJT did the same on 7/5/08 - Full bus out from AC, 35% got off at TR, and there was at least a line 100 deep going to NY. I was able to get about maybe 30. I said I couldn't take any more people and I even called control center to cover my ass. The F'ed up thing was there was a CNG on the other side of the P/R waiting for something. MOFO, you're a 137: Take them!

Item 3 - The dude that is doing the commendatory has valid points but needs to STFU. He got a seat. He should be glad and one of the lucky ones. And I don't blame the B/O for shutting the lights off cuz I would of done the same damn thing. Still, that B/O should of called Control and informed CC what's going on so they could call Howell or another near by bus to pick up the passengers.

If there weren't any seats available I would not have stood and took the 7:15pm #67X to Newark and then PATH. I still wonder if they wound up sending that bus to NY, because they sure should have!

I hope NJT sees the video I took and makes sure to have enough buses running during these holidays. They should have been running a Sunday schedule instead of a Saturday one, which has a 137 leaving at 6:55pm, 5 minutes before the 319.

As for the issue of Standees, I've seen it plenty on the 137, 139, and 319. On the weekend before Christmas I saw a 137 leave TR at 9am with about 7 standees, and they had to leave some folks for another hour!

The 137/319 really needs more service in general, ridership has been increasing steadily on the route. Either that or extend the 139 to Toms River.

553, you know we're cool but I don't know my brother. Maybe it's a different rule from North Jersey to South Jersey. Obviously, lines that are going a short distance (320, 166, 167, 190, 128, 123, 126, etc) can take standees but NJT North always told me that no one will appreciate standing over 60-90 minutes, damn near 2 hours on Parkway and Turnpike speeds, even if the bus didn't have the governor on it. I know too many Regionals that are very uptight about that and will write anyone up in a second for seeing that. Hell, when I was doing the 308, one time, I had 61 people, and the regional wanted to write me up right there at Six Flags until I told her that they have little babies and they're sitting on their family's lap to avoid issues. They're REALLY uptight about that.

The policy should be if there's no seats then another bus should be called. Obviously they are being cheap by not doing this.

Obviously the bus can handle up to 15 standees, but I see it as a serious safety and comfort issue to have people standing for long periods of time going at highway speeds on dark highways in the middle of nowhere (like the GSP in much of Ocean and some of Monmouth).

If there was some kind of emergency it would not pretty...

If there weren't any seats available I would not have stood and took the 7:15pm #67X to Newark and then PATH. I still wonder if they wound up sending that bus to NY, because they sure should have!

I hope NJT sees the video I took and makes sure to have enough buses running during these holidays. They should have been running a Sunday schedule instead of a Saturday one, which has a 137 leaving at 6:55pm, 5 minutes before the 319.

As for the issue of Standees, I've seen it plenty on the 137, 139, and 319. On the weekend before Christmas I saw a 137 leave TR at 9am with about 7 standees, and they had to leave some folks for another hour!

The 137/319 really needs more service in general, ridership has been increasing steadily on the route. Either that or extend the 139 to Toms River.

DAMN I severely underestimated the strength of the 137 woah I guess My hunch was right all along!!!!!!!!!

Archived