Market St. gets Oradell's 186 line

jayden 973

I just spoke with my friend from market st. & he said they are getting Oradell's 186 line which Oradell will discontinue in January's pick. its gets interesting tho bc he said that he already received word that they are gonna get the rest of newton ave 5300's for the line which is like 15 of em. so that means no more suburban nabi's at newton ave which is kind of upsetting bc they do at least deserve to keep some of em.

I just spoke with my friend market st. & he said they are getting Oradell's 186 line which Oradell will discontinue in January's pick. its gets interesting tho bc he said that he already received word that they are gonna the rest of newton ave 5300's for the line which is like 15 of em. so that means no more suburban nabi's at newton ave which is kind of upsetting bc they do at least deserve to keep some of em.

So that may explain why some NABIs from Ironbound and Hilton have been seen down here.

Is NJT doing a bus shuffle around the system?

What will replace these NABIs at Newton? Will Newton get more new NABIs to replace the 5300s?

I just spoke with my friend from market st. & he said they are getting Oradell's 186 line which Oradell will discontinue in January's pick. its gets interesting tho bc he said that he already received word that they are gonna get the rest of newton ave 5300's for the line which is like 15 of em. so that means no more suburban nabi's at newton ave which is kind of upsetting bc they do at least deserve to keep some of em.

When the 186 was at Wayne, they ran MCI Cruisers. Why downgrade the type of bus [switching from MCI cruisers to NABI Suburbans] due to the garage switch?

Shouldn't the 186 continue to use MCIs ? The line's riders might rebel over the downgrade.:tdown:

When the 186 was at Wayne, they ran MCI Cruisers. Why downgrade the type of bus [switching from MCI cruisers to NABI Suburbans] due to the garage switch?

Shouldn't the 186 continue to use MCIs ? The line's riders might rebel over the downgrade.:tdown:

Before the exact fare rule on the 400/403/459/463, NABI suburbans at Newton Ave had fareboxes, and Washington Twp's NABIs didn't.

Is it possible the 186 will become an Exact Fare Route?

I just spoke with my friend from market st. & he said they are getting Oradell's 186 line which Oradell will discontinue....

Your wording suggests that (1) garage-level management at Oradell chose to end all #186 service; (2) garage-level management at Market Street then chose to take over #186 service; and (3) each garage is a separate and distinct business entity.

Not so. The routes belong to (NJT) NJT, not to the individual garages.

Archived