Gun Rights work again...

SubwayGuy

Guest lance25

Here's the full story, courtesy of the AP and the Brownsville Herald.

I'm not sure that's a reason why guns should be prohibited, but rather yet another reason why cops shouldn't discharge until fired upon. That's why we have tazers and other non-lethal methods of disarming suspects. I would also question why the kid had a pellet gun that looks exactly like a real f'ing gun...

fd5f36a16c105f00030f6a706700681e.jpg

...or didn't put the gun down when police told him to do so.

In my opinion, everyone's in the wrong here, but it has nothing to do with gun control.

Here's the full story, courtesy of the AP and the Brownsville Herald.

I'm not sure that's a reason why guns should be prohibited, but rather yet another reason why cops shouldn't discharge until fired upon. That's why we have tazers and other non-lethal methods of disarming suspects. I would also question why the kid had a pellet gun that looks exactly like a real f'ing gun...

...or didn't put the gun down when police told him to do so.

In my opinion, everyone's in the wrong here, but it has nothing to do with gun control.

BULLSH*T! Now what do you say if the perp happens to be a great shot and gets a head shot with his first round and kills an officer because the officers could not shoot the perp until fired upon? If you have a threat (someone pointing a gun at you) you have every right to defend your self from said threat.

I stand behind what those cops did 100% because that pellet gun looks exactly like a real gun, from the photo you can see that there is no orange tip that those guns are supposed to have. while it is sad that a kid lost his life, it's his own fault and it can't be used as an argument for gun control.

For literally the 4th time, I'd didn't say it was. And also for the 4th time, this article isn't an adequate argument for gun "rights."

I would know, I usually ever read the crap you write. Now why did you bring it up in the first place?

but rather yet another reason why cops shouldn't discharge until fired upon. That's why we have tazers and other non-lethal methods of disarming suspects.

With you're logic, we would have dead police officers everyday. Matter of fact, if cops were responding to a situation like the Columbine Massacre or Virginia Tech, you're saying that they shouldn't fire until the first student drops dead.

If I had a legal or illegal firearm and someone threatening pulled out a non colored pellet gun shaped like a real gun, any person with human instincts would fire upon the suspect. If the kid had been causing a disruption rather than brandishing a firearm, I'm sure the officers would have used non-lethal methods.

The cops are there doing their job, and not "performing mass police brutality."

If that had been just about half-coherent, it would have been a good retort.

Relax tough guy, typing on a smart phone sometimes means there are errors in spelling and punctuation. Also, my first response wasn't directed at you so I have no idea why you felt the need to respond to something that you had nothing to do with.

Just like any kid who brings a fake gun into a school. Darwin awards, all around.

There's no reason to be bringing a pellet gun into school. BTW... you think most of the kids that have brought real guns to school had permits for them?

Gun control does not work, it just drives the baddies underground and disarms the goodies.

Laws don't exist to regulate people...because they can't. They exist to deter reasonable people. Laws are powerless against nature and unreasonable people, such as criminals.

It's only a matter on not letting guns fall into the wrong hands, something that's become mysteriously and increasingly problematic since the mid-late 80s

Guns will always fall into the wrong hands, that's just life. What you can control is how fast guns fall out of the wrong hands, as in from their cold dead hands after a law abiding citizen has used a gun to protect themself from the one with the wrong hands...

Major federal legislation concerning firearms (NFA and GCA) was really about ethnicity, not actual control of firearms. Just as how marijuana was criminalized because Mexicans smoked it.

And why penalties for crack cocaine are always stiffer than those for other forms of cocaine such as freebase or salt.

And why penalties for crack cocaine are always stiffer than those for other forms of cocaine such as freebase or salt.

Hah, bingo. I was hoping someone would pick up on that. Gun control empowers the ill-minded. It's a shame that there are people out there who are so brainwashed that they actually believe otherwise.

Archived