"Recycling" old computer parts?

Hi~

I have about 3 mouses (or mice), an extra keyboard, a big monitor and a horizontal system unit with a bad hard drive which I would like to get rid of. However, I feel more comfortable 'recycling' these parts rather than throwing them away.

Any advice?

Hi~

I have about 3 mouses (or mice), an extra keyboard, a big monitor and a horizontal system unit with a bad hard drive which I would like to get rid of. However, I feel more comfortable 'recycling' these parts rather than throwing them away.

Any advice?

Check online. There are a few places here in the city that take used computer parts. Also I believe the manufacturers of the computers have to take them back and recycle them. At some point I'll be ditching my old Fujistsu laptop and when I do, I'll wipe and see if I can send it back to Fujitsu so that they can recycle it. I strongly believe in recycling also and recycle everything that I can. For cell phones, the cell phone providers have to take them back and recycle them accordingly.

Check online. There are a few places here in the city that take used computer parts. Also I believe the manufacturers of the computers have to take them back and recycle them. At some point I'll be ditching my old Fujistsu laptop and when I do, I'll wipe and see if I can send it back to Fujitsu so that they can recycle it. I strongly believe in recycling also and recycle everything that I can. For cell phones, the cell phone providers have to take them back and recycle them accordingly.

Thanks. I called a few stores and was able to drop all unwanted items off at Best Buy in Long Island City.

Thanks again.

Keep the interactive peripherals, the monitor, scrap the main computer for parts that can be salvaged and toss it away.

That's what I did with the last computer, except there's nothing I could do with a Northwood Pentium 4... in 2010 LOL

I don't think you can pay anyone to take that CPU. The Pentium 4 was quite power-hungry (think about your electric bill) and underpowered for it's heavily marketed frequency back in the early 2000.

I don't think you can pay anyone to take that CPU. The Pentium 4 was quite power-hungry (think about your electric bill) and underpowered for it's heavily marketed frequency back in the early 2000.

Those CPUs were a huge joke back then, the introduction of hyper-threading helped it somewhat but still... Meh

Those CPUs were a huge joke back then, the introduction of hyper-threading helped it somewhat but still... Meh

Hyper-threading actually messed up performance due to design mishaps. It still does to some degree, but much better handled after Pentium 4.

Archived