List of BMT/IND line improvements

B41

The (Q) is extremely frequent; hence operating the (:) down here on the Brighton, weekends wouldnt feasible.. On the Contrary, terminating the (:P at Prospect Park on weekends would be an advantage. This way, Central Pk West Local / 6 Av / and Partial Brighton would be satisfied?B)

I definitely agree with everybody stating that the (C) should run to Ozone-Lefferts, and send the (A)'s to the Rockaways.

The (G) should really resume service to Forest Hills-71 Av ( enough with the G.O.'s every weekend )

Question: Weekdays--> If the (R) Extended service once again to Jamaica-179 St with the (F), can the (G) run past Court Square to Forest Hills, and terminate with the (V)?

The (M) via Brighton Local to Brighton Beach or Coney Island, rush hours.

The (W), 4 Av / West End Local; Extended from Whitehall to 9 Av-West End, middays. To Bay Pkwy, rush hours.

Take the (V) out, atleast on Queens Blvd. Or reduce Queens Blvd operations for the (V) so there can be more room for (G) Trains to operate to 71 St- Continental. The (V) just as it has been in its establishment a useless line, or at best a supplementary line. The (G) is increasingly becoming more used due to the influx of people in the downtown brooklyn, williamsburg, and greenpoint areas. Why terminate a train at Court Sq? There isn't really any use, the area isn't really a key transfer point, and the walk in the useless tunnel is burdensome.

Contrary to popular opinion, taking out the (V) creates more problems than it solves. Manhattan is priority during rush hours and middays. The (G) should run to Queens boulevard at all other times, sure. But if you take out the (V) and put the (G) in its place during rush hours, the (E) and (F) will become MUCH more crowded during those times. The (G) will act as a shuttle from the local stations to Queens Plaza so everyone can cram into another crowded (E). Last time I checked, the (V)was at 51% capacity. The (E) is at capacity. 51% is half of the riders in an (E) train then. That's a hell of a lot of people. Having that many people go to the (E) and (F) is going to be chaos along Queens Blvd. all over again.

Extend the (G) south bound to Church Avenue like it was in the sixties, and if you want to push it, have the (G) run to Kings Highway peak hours, and have a (F) Culver Express and utilize those Express tracks for the peak hours.

I agree with you on everything except making the (F) the Culver Express. The (F) should remain local and the (V) go express. That way local service stays the same while there is still supplementary express service.

Question: Weekdays--> If the (R) Extended service once again to Jamaica-179 St with the (F), can the (G) run past Court Square to Forest Hills, and terminate with the (V)?

Depends on the headways between Queens Plaza and 71st Ave. If the headways would get too short between trains, then probably not.

If (D) service ran local it would only add 2 Minutes to the running time. I don't beleave the (B) service is needed on wkend but the (C) alone doesn't cut it.

If you're on the Concourse on the weekend you do better waiting for a Bxm4A/4B to show up then taking the (D). Regardless of what the schedule says on weekends the wait between (D) trains is 10-15 mins. Add the fact that (A) & (C) trains get priority over the (D) in terms of what goes 1st plus the crazy amounts of G.O,'s that always affect (D) service and there another 20+ mins on to running time. I'd rather have the (A) run local then the (D).

The (C) has the same problem as the (R). It's local everywhere, slow as hell, has infrequent service. Only difference is that the (C) has priority over 6th Av trains whereas the (R) has priority over nothing. If (:) service isn't needed then the (C) needs 10 cars and to run every 8 mins weekends.

If (D) service ran local it would only add 2 Minutes to the running time. I don't beleave the (B) service is needed on wkend but the (C) alone doesn't cut it.

Just like Q43 Floral Park said the (D) going local will screw The Bronx riders and making it local will make it longer to get to The Bronx.....when its express via CPW its 8-8:30 mins......when its local its like 10-12 mins. I rather have a sit on a 8 min ride than a 10-12 min ride. The (C) can cut it alone, its been doing it for mnay years now. Again the weekend schedule is kind of bad so if the (C) is slow and/or late, then either add the (B) or bring back the (K), but the (D) do not need to run local along CPW.

I work the (C) every weekend it can't cut it we leave people on the platfrom all the time because they can't make it on to the train mostly at 81 and 72 Sts. I don't believe sending the (D) Local is a big deal but lucky (MTA) won't be making any changes on the Wkend CPW Service any time soon so your (D) Express is safe exept when G.O's are in effect like this past weekend all Downtown (A)(C)(D) trains Local 125 to 59.

I work the (C) every weekend it can't cut it we leave people on the platfrom all the time because they can't make it on to the train mostly at 81 and 72 Sts. I don't believe sending the (D) Local is a big deal but lucky (MTA) won't be making any changes on the Wkend CPW Service any time soon so your (D) Express is safe exept when G.O's are in effect like this past weekend all Downtown (A)(C)(D) trains Local 125 to 59.

You know how many times I've missed a train whether is 4 cars, 8 cars or 10 cars. Everyone should know that (C) have 8 cars and should stand further down the platforms. You shouldn't feel bad. The M10 bus is upstairs and runs up and down CPW. If (D) runs local due to a G/O thats cool with me b/c, I'll take the (4) and transfer to the (D) lol.

IAWTP.

2-4 minutes extra added onto the trip is not a BIG deal for riders anywhere, particularly on a weekend. Usually 2-4 minutes is not the difference between being somewhere on time and being late.

(D)elta service is scheduled every 8-10 minutes during the bulk of the daytime hours, the ©harlie is 10-12. (D)elta could therefore help out a lot along the CPW line. Plus all you Concourse folks if you're going somewhere on the West Side now you got a one seat ride, same for any West Side folks going anywhere on 6th ave other than 14th or 23rd. And yes 81st is a big destination on weekends, lots of people take their kids to the museums over there, it can get pretty crowded. Doing this wouldn't require more crews, wouldn't require more trains. THe (Q)uincy serves Brighton just fine on its own, plus weekend (B)ravo service would require both more crews and trains. This would be a good solution in the meantime.

You know how many times I've missed a train whether is 4 cars, 8 cars or 10 cars. Everyone should know that (C) have 8 cars and should stand further down the platforms. You shouldn't feel bad. The M10 bus is upstairs and runs up and down CPW. If (D) runs local due to a G/O thats cool with me b/c, I'll take the (4) and transfer to the (D) lol.

The problem is not that they standing in the wrong spot the train is just too crawded for them to get on the train. The C/R's I work with will wait for them anyway causing my train to be a late arrival at Euclid and since I got to relay the train by myself because they never use the switchmen to help out the train then leave Euclid Late going back uptown.

Archived