IRT is lay-Z!

metsfan

I don't see the (9) signs disappearing, just a black sticker on it. The (9) needs to come back to increase frequency or make it go to Dyre Avenue in the Bronx with the (5), but then again, three lines are near Lenox Avenue the (2)(3) and (9).

I don't see the (9) signs disappearing, just a black sticker on it. The (9) needs to come back to increase frequency or make it go to Dyre Avenue in the Bronx with the (5), but then again, three lines are near Lenox Avenue the (2)(3) and (9).

It should come back after cortlandt street is re-opened and south ferry is done. It could also be skip-stop or express mirroring the 1, but instead of following the (2) and (3) which leave manhattan, it could be express to south ferry. I think this would alleviate SOME pressure on the (4)(6)(C) and (E) during peak hours till the SAS (T) is completed.

- Andy

that's what they did with the (Q6) and (Qx). they still have it somewhere and somethings just balck stickers.

The 59th Street/Columbus Circle station also has a sign for the (9) at it.

Yea i saw that, but i had a grocery bag from whole foods on the way to a movie, so i didn't get a shot of it.

- Andy

I think 34th Street also has an orange (S) in place of the (V) on one of the (:P(D)(F)(V) signs.

We should start a thread for photos and questions about subway oddities to prevent 8,000 different threads from having to be made!

- Andy

Seconded.

We could use member knowledge, subway.org, forgotten-ny.com and other resources to solve once and for all -every- subway mystery, making NYCTF a beacon of knowledge for the railfanning community. :P

(MTA)*opens the thread now*(NYCT)

- Andy

We could use member knowledge, subway.org, forgotten-ny.com and other resources to solve once and for all -every- subway mystery, making NYCTF a beacon of knowledge for the railfanning community. :P

(MTA)*opens the thread now*(NYCT)

- Andy

Now that sounds great. Come on, people, we can do this!

I also think that is a good idea for a thread. The (9) was visible at Christopher St forever. I'm not sure if they covered that one with a black sticker.

@ metsfan, you should start the thread since you came up with the Idea. Make sure you put it in the General Subway Forum. Make it sticky, so people don't forget about it.

I also think that is a good idea for a thread. The (9) was visible at Christopher St forever. I'm not sure if they covered that one with a black sticker.

@ metsfan, you should start the thread since you came up with the Idea. Make sure you put it in the General Subway Forum. Make it sticky, so people don't forget about it.

I need someone to sticky-fy it for me.

- Andy

Archived