Guess the location!

INDman

Ok, before anyone flips out on ME, this pic was sent to me by an unknown source. I know where it was taken, but does anyone else? Its a test of real subway knowledge, as some say this place does not exist.

DSC01280.jpg

If people get this right and don't throw a hissy fit of it I may post more pice THAT WERE GIVEN TO ME!!! NOT taken by me!

Cool pic , matted33

Thanks for posting

I don't want to go off topic but, what 76th Street Station are you talking about Brighton Local? I heard of the South 4th Street and

upper level of the Utica Avenue stations but, I never heard about 76 street. Where is the station and can you tell me more information about it? Thanks

I don't want to go off topic but, what 76th Street Station are you talking about Brighton Local? I heard of the South 4th Street and upper level of the Utica Avenue stations but, I never heard about 76 street. Where is the station and can you tell me more information about it? Thanks

From Wikipedia.

"In February 1963, the Transit Authority proposed a two-track East River subway tunnel under 76th Street with unspecified connections to the rest of the transit network, at a cost of $139 million."

Is this related to the 76 St Station in any way?

I don't think so. 76th Street is past Euclid Ave behind a wall at the south bound end of the Grant Ave lay-ups on the (A) and (C) line. Before the IND took over the eastern most end of the Fulton Street El, there were plans to build tunnels under Liberty Ave. into Queens and beyond. Some will tell you (well most will) that the station was never build, but a friend of mine who worked for the TA years ago talked to 3 different old time TA guys (guys who started in the 40's and 50's) and they said that there is 3/4 of a station built. One full side platform and half of another. The 3 old timers said that there had been an old timber wall with a door. That wall has since been replaced with a cinder block wall with know way in. I think it might be there since the 3 old timers did not know each other and the model board in the Euclid Ave tower shows tracks and signals in the area. Also there is a homeball facing th wall, about one or 2 car lengths from the wall. Needless to say there is alot of mystery behind 76th Street. for photos of the area see this site.

http://ltvsquad.com/Locations/urbanexploration.php?ID=197

I don't think so. 76th Street is past Euclid Ave behind a wall at the south bound end of the Grant Ave lay-ups on the (A) and (C) line. Before the IND took over the eastern most end of the Fulton Street El, there were plans to build tunnels under Liberty Ave. into Queens and beyond. Some will tell you (well most will) that the station was never build, but a friend of mine who worked for the TA years ago talked to 3 different old time TA guys (guys who started in the 40's and 50's) and they said that there is 3/4 of a station built. One full side platform and half of another. The 3 old timers said that there had been an old timber wall with a door. That wall has since been replaced with a cinder block wall with know way in. I think it might be there since the 3 old timers did not know each other and the model board in the Euclid Ave tower shows tracks and signals in the area. Also there is a homeball facing th wall, about one or 2 car lengths from the wall. Needless to say there is alot of mystery behind 76th Street. for photos of the area see this site.

http://ltvsquad.com/Locations/urbanexploration.php?ID=197

Oh... 76 St in Brooklyn. I was thinking Manhattan.

Archived