Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

Q38- That's why I took my proposed Q51 (which would replace the Q38P) off Penelope Avenue and rerouted it down Furmanville Avenue.

Q47-Well Atlas is a dead mall like you yourself say millions of times. No one even uses the Q47 there. And if they are transferring to the Q54, they do it at 80 Street and Metropolitan Avenue. Plus the route isn't altered, it is just a slight extension because Atlas is a bad place to end a bus. And a decent amount of people board the Q29 at Myrtle Avenue and some of those people would probably use the Q47 if it went there.

Q52-The Q52 is not redundant to the Q53. It's actually a branch of it technically. Also it is not redundant to the Q22. Otherwise the Q53 would also be redundant to it too which it isn't

Q67-Well it's better than sending it to Middle Village where it loses ridership to the Q39 and by straightening the Q18 those people on the section I'm leaving out to straighten the Q67 would still be able to take that bus. Also just because it uses the Q23 terminal doesn't make it redundant to it either.

Q88-I have mixed thoughts about limited. As good as limited sounds, I'm not sure if the demand is there for it. But we are in full agreement that any extension made to the Q88 would be a disaster. Making that route longer makes it's reliability even worse than it is now. That route has horrible headways and bunching. When the bus finally comes, there is another one right behind it.

Q38 - okay, fine.

Q47 - just because a bunch of people board a certain bus in a certain location, doesn't mean they'll board another bus in the same location.

Q52 - the purpose of the Q52 is to serve Arverne, you're making it unreliable by going to Woodside. The Q53 is unreliable. Extending the Q52 to Far Rock is FAR MORE redundant than the current Q53 routing to Rockaway Park. Extending the Q52 basically makes it do 50% of the Q22 already...

Q67 - if it ain't broke don't fix it.....

Q88- a limited is better than extending it all the way to Ridgewood or Middle Village. Have you ever ridden that Q88? Those buses get CRUSHED and during school time, there are a f**kton of kids along the route due to the HS in the area (John Bowne, Francis Lewis, etc..) guess you've never ridden it.

which leads me to wonder... do you actually go out and ride these routes for yourself? or do you sit at home and just look at maps?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q38 - okay, fine.

Q47 - just because a bunch of people board a certain bus in a certain location, doesn't mean they'll board another bus in the same location.

Q52 - the purpose of the Q52 is to serve Arverne, you're making it unreliable by going to Woodside. The Q53 is unreliable. Extending the Q52 to Far Rock is FAR MORE redundant than the current Q53 routing to Rockaway Park. Extending the Q52 basically makes it do 50% of the Q22 already...

Q67 - if it ain't broke don't fix it.....

Q88- a limited is better than extending it all the way to Ridgewood or Middle Village. Have you ever ridden that Q88? Those buses get CRUSHED and during school time, there are a f**kton of kids along the route due to the HS in the area (John Bowne, Francis Lewis, etc..) guess you've never ridden it.

which leads me to wonder... do you actually go out and ride these routes for yourself? or do you sit at home and just look at maps?

Well Q22 is a local route however and Q67 is broke. And the Q47 would get better ridership if it terminated at Myrtle Avenue because then it can connect to the Q55. And since it's a small extension, it makes sense. Remember part of the things that makes a bus route effective is providing connections to other transit lines. Hardly anyone uses the Q67. I barely if ever see one and when I do, there's like 1 passenger on it. The only reason it's still in use is that industrial workers use it as it is the only bus that serves an industrial location on a stretch of 55 Avenue between 48 and 58 Streets. Sending it to Forest Hills eliminates it's redundancy to the Q39 which more effectively carries passengers to Middle Village as it is more direct (although it's still crooked somewhat but it's the best option). Also to answer your question: I do from time to time ride these routes. And the Q88 I never been on it east of Main Street.

Well Q22 is a local route however and Q67 is broke. And the Q47 would get better ridership if it terminated at Myrtle Avenue because then it can connect to the Q55. And since it's a small extension, it makes sense. Remember part of the things that makes a bus route effective is providing connections to other transit lines. Hardly anyone uses the Q67. I barely if ever see one and when I do, there's like 1 passenger on it. The only reason it's still in use is that industrial workers use it as it is the only bus that serves an industrial location on a stretch of 55 Avenue between 48 and 58 Streets. Sending it to Forest Hills eliminates it's redundancy to the Q39 which more effectively carries passengers to Middle Village as it is more direct (although it's still crooked somewhat but it's the best option). Also to answer your question: I do from time to time ride these routes. And the Q88 I never been on it east of Main Street.

It wouldn't be any more direct by making it go to Forest Hills.... 

I know a few people who use the Q67 as well.

So what if the Q22 is a local route? It is on the same road. No one is calling for a bus to run on Woodhaven to Far Rock when there is the (A) train as well..

I've ridden the Q39 and the Q67 and they serve two different areas. The area of middle village that the Q67 serves is only served by the Q38 (one route that I'd never wanna push people onto.)

Q38- That's why I took my proposed Q51 (which would replace the Q38P) off Penelope Avenue and rerouted it down Furmanville Avenue.

Q47-Well Atlas is a dead mall like you yourself say millions of times. No one even uses the Q47 there. And if they are transferring to the Q54, they do it at 80 Street and Metropolitan Avenue. Plus the route isn't altered, it is just a slight extension because Atlas is a bad place to end a bus. And a decent amount of people board the Q29 at Myrtle Avenue and some of those people would probably use the Q47 if it went there.

Q52-The Q52 is not redundant to the Q53. It's actually a branch of it technically. Also it is not redundant to the Q22. Otherwise the Q53 would also be redundant to it too which it isn't

Q67-Well it's better than sending it to Middle Village where it loses ridership to the Q39 and by straightening the Q18 those people on the section I'm leaving out to straighten the Q67 would still be able to take that bus. Also just because it uses the Q23 terminal doesn't make it redundant to it either.

Q88-I have mixed thoughts about limited. As good as limited sounds, I'm not sure if the demand is there for it. But we are in full agreement that any extension made to the Q88 would be a disaster. Making that route longer makes it's reliability even worse than it is now. That route has horrible headways and bunching. When the bus finally comes, there is another one right behind it.

Your Q52 is very redunant. If the map is to be believed, your Q52 will run right underneath the A train from Beach 60th Street to Mott Avenue via the Rockaway Freeway, and runs parallel to the Q22, which serves both Beach Channel Drive and Seagirt Blvd. There's technically nothing on  Rockaway Freeway the would attract new riders,

On the Q67 statement, 1 passenger my ass .

The Midday Q67 have 9 riders on average, and the Rush Hour Patrons b the time you get Hunters Point PM rush, you already got the entire bus full. AM rush the same thing from Maspeth. Weekend ridership is around 7 per bus, so there is no one, unless you are looking at the terminal areas or are taking the really late or early bus. Every low ridership route does not have always have 1 rider. The Q67 is different then the Q39. Just to get to LIC I deal with the crappola 1 mile walks to the Q67, if the Q67 was cut, it's an even further walk to the Q39 (0.8 more miles). When you ride these buses often, let me know and we can argue over this.

The Q67 should be eliminated and have the Q39 as an alternative. The Q39 parallels the Q67 for most of its route and I think it will help boost service on the Q39.

How are people in Middle Village gonna use the Q39 when it's like a 1.5 mile to 3 mile walk from the Q67

Your Q52 is very redunant. If the map is to be believed, your Q52 will run right underneath the A train from Beach 60th Street to Mott Avenue via the Rockaway Freeway, and runs parallel to the Q22, which serves both Beach Channel Drive and Seagirt Blvd. There's technically nothing on  Rockaway Freeway the would attract new riders,

That would be true if the (A) didn't run like shit.

The Q67 should be eliminated and have the Q39 as an alternative. The Q39 parallels the Q67 for most of its route and I think it will help boost service on the Q39.

Again, I wouldn't eliminate it, I would reroute it to Forest Hills. There are too many areas that only have the Q67 to use as transportation. Completely cutting it would make areas lose bus service.

Again, I wouldn't eliminate it, I would reroute it to Forest Hills. There are too many areas that only have the Q67 to use as transportation. Completely cutting it would make areas lose bus service.

Discontinuing service to the (M) train will deter ridership more then you will gain to Forest Hills. The Q67 riders want the (M), not to go to Forest Hills.

Discontinuing service to the (M) train will deter ridership more then you will gain to Forest Hills. The Q67 riders want the (M), not to go to Forest Hills.

The rerouted Q67 still is only one bus stop away from the  (M), people would just walk to it.

Try and walk from 69 to Fresh Pond on Metro then.

Like I've said, you are gonna deter ridership more then gain. So its best to leave it as it is.

I have actually have done that lots of times and it is an easy walk for me.

I have actually have done that lots of times and it is an easy walk for me.

Because your young. And especially during rush hours, its not the best time to f**k around missing one of the most vital points on the line making people walk extra, just to benefit an area that doesn't warrant service to Maspeth. The Q67 does the route it does with good reason.

Anyways, new proposal. Reroute the Q13 to Cambria Heights at 227 Street/114 Avenue via Bell and Springfield Boulevards. This is to make the route redundant to the Q27 (in a good way though) and siphon off some passengers who use it since that route is overcrowded. Also in this proposal, the Q31 would be rerouted onto Francis Lewis Boulevard (exactly like B35viaChurch's earlier proposal to straighten that route. This Q13 rerouting also makes it even more unnecessary for the Q31 to run down Bell Boulevard. Here's the map of it:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=214089513480814599261.0004e2eb808e72bf8bf3c

Also Q13 doesn't need to do Fort Totten-Flushing as the Q16 already does that job already and the Q28 is nearby too.

Anyways, new proposal. Reroute the Q13 to Cambria Heights at 227 Street/114 Avenue via Bell and Springfield Boulevards. This is to make the route redundant to the Q27 (in a good way though) and siphon off some passengers who use it since that route is overcrowded. Also in this proposal, the Q31 would be rerouted onto Francis Lewis Boulevard (exactly like B35viaChurch's earlier proposal to straighten that route. This Q13 rerouting also makes it even more unnecessary for the Q31 to run down Bell Boulevard. Here's the map of it:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=214089513480814599261.0004e2eb808e72bf8bf3c

Also Q13 doesn't need to do Fort Totten-Flushing as the Q16 already does that job already and the Q28 is nearby too.

Question: how does this effect the Q83?

Woah woah woah! I thought you were going to reroute it from Flushing southward on Bell Blvd, now that I've seen the map without a diubt nope. You are gonna make it useless to those north of northern blvd. Just because two routes have similar terminals but different ways to get there doesnt mean it has to be routed elsewhere. The S74 should end at Eltingville since the S78 already goes to Bricktown Mall from St George and the S76 is nearby too. Bricktown Mall is also a very useless place to end, so we might as well save the extra milage.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

tumblr_lghjf4oZCM1qesc3io1_500.gif

Okay, everything about this is really screwed up.

First of all, the reason that people use the Q13 in Fort Totten is because it gets them to Flushing, and it's faster than the Q16. If there were a lot of people transferring to the Q27 at Bell, I might buy that you could extend a route down there. But there aren't, because the demand doesn't exist.

Second of all, the Q13 is almost certainly getting cut to every half hour, if not worse, when you do this. There's no demand for Fort Totten-Cambria Heights.

Third of all, you're relieving the wrong section of the Q27. The Q27 only gets super congested between Flushing and Horace Harding/QCC, which is why the short turns end there. This doesn't do ANYTHING to solve the problems the Q27 has.

Don't mess with my home routes.

Woah woah woah! I thought you were going to reroute it from Flushing southward on Bell Blvd, now that I've seen the map without a diubt nope. You are gonna make it useless to those north of northern blvd. Just because two routes have similar terminals but different ways to get there doesnt mean it has to be routed elsewhere. The S74 should end at Eltingville since the S78 already goes there from St George and the S76 is nearby too.

This. And we don't need another Flushing SE Queens route.

Question: how does this effect the Q83?

Just because it would share the Q83's terminal doesn't mean the Q83 has anything to do with my proposal. I proposed Q13 down Bell Boulevard to be redundant to the Q27. Usually redundancy is bad but the Q27 is a route that needs a redundant route since it always gets overcrowded. And because Bell Boulevard is close and parallel to Springfield Boulevard, that is why I sent it to continue down Bell Boulevard.

You have to be kidding me...

The Q27 has a large ridership base because of certain locations, which your Q13 bypasses. 

I'm gonna say this again, because it seems like you aren't getting it.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!