Building an R44 for MSTS

I am now a college student and majoring in Animation and Digital Technologies. I've learn a lot about 3D Studio Max. Recently, I've started playing Microsoft Train Simulator again and now that I've learned how to create 3D objects, I had the idea of creating a train of my own.

Since there are NYC Subway routes on the train-sim website available for download, I want to create one of the more modern fleets and one example is the R44 (though the NYCTA ones were retired). So far, I've modeled the body and created polygons for the doors. An interesting note is that I used the R44 data sheet from nycsubway.org to measure the length, width, and height of the car.

I will soon upload a picture of my progress so far . The most difficult part however, will be the trucks and the interior. Of course, I'm going to need to find sounds.

Update: Here's a screenshot of my progress.

screenshot1-1.png

I am now a college student and majoring in Animation and Digital Technologies. I've learn a lot about 3D Studio Max. Recently, I've started playing Microsoft Train Simulator again and now that I've learned how to create 3D objects, I had the idea of creating a train of my own.

Since there are NYC Subway routes on the train-sim website available for download, I want to create one of the more modern fleets and one example is the R44 (though the NYCTA ones were retired). So far, I've modeled the body and created polygons for the doors. An interesting note is that I used the R44 data sheet from nycsubway.org to measure the length, width, and height of the car.

I will soon upload a picture of my progress so far . The most difficult part however, will be the trucks and the interior. Of course, I'm going to need to find sounds.

Update: Here's a screenshot of my progress.

screenshot1-1.png

I play trainz, sold MSTS to my little sister. But the work on it looks pretty nice so far chief.

There has been revisions done to the project. I've found a better way to create the train, by creating a small section for it for the inside and outside. Once I put in all textures, I will split it into mirrors to assemble a full length car.

Here's my progress.

screenshot5-1.png

screenshot6.png

Very smart. It looks very nice, I like the interior textures. If you talk to error46146, he might be able to help you. He is very experienced with R46, as he is building one for OpenBVE. Even though OpenBVE is not 3D, he may be able to help you out with the Cab and the textures. The cab he made is insane. Have a look;

431417_354291294591346_130759440277867_1186067_642962007_n.jpg

Very smart. It looks very nice, I like the interior textures. If you talk to error46146, he might be able to help you. He is very experienced with R46, as he is building one for OpenBVE. Even though OpenBVE is not 3D, he may be able to help you out with the Cab and the textures. The cab he made is insane. Have a look;

431417_354291294591346_130759440277867_1186067_642962007_n.jpg

Can you ask error that I want to request permission to use this cab for my train's cabview? There's no other cab like this.

Archived