Shoutbox

Threxx

Question

16 answers to this question

I would question that because wouldn't Harry or Lance have told us that in the beginning?

I'm not going to lie, I was confused on this whole "Archive" feature. When I was just a member, I didn't see the "Archive" feature. Just got my senior member status and the "Archive" feature popped up. Like I said before, It might be a senior member and above only feature. I can't confirm if that's true or not. Just saying my observation.

So those this mean that the shoutbox itself is a member requirement as well? I'm a member with over 1000 posts, I'm not sure why I can't see it at all.

Back when the forums was with VB, the old chatbox was a member only feature. Our shoutbox might be the same way. Since obviously you're a member, you should have access to it. PM Harry about it.

Ok just wanted to update about my issue: Apparently, I believe the "Archive" feature may be a senior member and above only feature. When I became a senior member a few days ago, I've noticed the "Archive" feature was right where Lance and IRT Bronx Express said it would be.

Guest Lance

Click either "Shoutbox" or "Open the Shoutbox in a popup" just above the actual shoutbox to open it on a new page, tab, whatever. Click "Archive" on the top right of the large version of the chat. A set of options should appear where you can select any range of time (either through insert a specific range or using one of the quick filters) so you can see all the posts made within the selected time frame.

Must be a glitch. I get kicked from our own chat room all the time. Then I'm able to participate again.

There are very well known bugs around still. Let me try something out.

I'm guessing it's a permissions thing...

Archived