Rare NTT Automated Announcements Vol 2 Part 1

Mr Railfan

Nice videos! You should make an IRT version. I wouldnt mind hearing announcements like a (5) to Woodlawn or a (4) to Flatbush.

(5) to Woodlawn would be a first, but the (4) goes to Flatbush during rush hours.

(2)(4)(5) select go to New Lots and Flatbush on rush hours. The (3) usually stays at its normal service all the time.

(B) skip-stop? Makes me wonder what the MTA programs in those NTT's...

Nice videos! You should make an IRT version. I wouldnt mind hearing announcements like a (5) to Woodlawn or a (4) to Flatbush.

The IRT version will be Part 2 of the vid ,which i will upload a bit later .

Guest Lance

0:43 - (B) Skip-stop? What is this, 1986?

2:30 - Someone really needed some coffee here.

3:05 - I see that even Catherine get an "and" in there for 145 St.

3:14 - Long enough announcement?

3:35 - Wouldn't it make more sense if it "via the (R) line" instead of "the (F) local line"? How often does the (F) even run local on Queens Blvd in the first place?

4:20 - When is that particular announcement ("Queens-bound (E) local") used, when it runs up 6th Avenue?

7:15 - Gotta love that mix between slow Catherine and mad-fast Dianne there.

7:20 - Now that makes sense. The (D) does run local on 4th Avenue during the overnight hours. The (F) doesn't do that on Queens Blvd.

8:25 - Well, at least all of the Coney Island-bound (F) destination announcements are consistent. Consistently long that is.

10:35 - Now we have to specifically announce that it's an (M) shuttle train? The weekend (M) service isn't exactly new.

16:20 - Re: 3:14 - I take that back, this one's way too long.

16:38 - Again, if it's running via Queens Blvd local, it should be "via the (R) line".

17:30 - I'm surprised they changed the announcement on the (W), but left the (G) and (V) alone. Then again, no I'm not.

A couple of other notes that isn't specific to any one announcement:

1) Damn, does Catherine sound bored or what? Going along with that, they should've used a different "the next stop is/this is" recording as Catherine's (D) announcements border on copying the (6) line style.

2) Some of these reroute announcement make you wonder how many times each station was recorded. Though I see they changed that practice for the new (M) as it uses whatever recordings exist for the normal line (i.e., (M) via (E) uses normal (C) line announcements from 50 St to W 4 St).

Wonderful job with these recordings MrRailfan, TDGNtv, ARome, and Curtis by the way.

The (A) to Coney Island, (B) to Ditmars, (C) and (D) to the Rockaways, (M) to Euclid via the (F) and (C)? Damn. I can only imagine how much time they spent recording . It might explain why Catherine sounds bored in some of them. And that 2nd Avenue (Q) recording is soooo long.

BTW, the (J) and (Z) skip-stop recordings sound the most exciting. It sounds like skip-stop, and she sounds happy doing it.

Archived