Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know, but by his defenition, a route needs to go from Ozone Park to Green Acres, and several others more (that's the one that came to the top of my head quickly, and a bus route needs to go on Liberty Avenue in Brooklyn.

There's no demand for Ozone Park-Green Acres and extending the Q112 to Broadway Junction via Liberty Avenue makes it redundant to the (A) and (C) trains. That was why the B12 was truncated to Alabama Avenue.

There's no demand for Ozone Park-Green Acres and extending the Q112 to Broadway Junction via Liberty Avenue makes it redundant to the (A) and (C) trains. That was why the B12 was truncated to Alabama Avenue.

And a Linden Blvd Route would be redundant to the B35 AND B15 (depending where and how you run it).

And a Linden Blvd Route would be redundant to the B35 AND B15 (depending where and how you run it).

No it wouldn't. B15 and B35 aren't mostly even close to Linden Boulevard. B35 only crosses Linden Boulevard on Church Avenue and B15 only operates on it est of Fountain Avenue so that didn't make sense. Also a Linden Boulevard route should be SBS and go to Downtown Brooklyn although I haven't decided on an eastern end.

Linden is One Block from the B15/ B35 at most, haven't you realized that.

So? Are the B43, B44 and B48 redundant to each other since they are only a block away from each other? Also the B43 and B48 both start at Prospect Park. Also all 3 routes are doing well too.

So? Are the B43, B44 and B48 redundant to each other since they are only a block away from each other? Also the B43 and B48 both start at Prospect Park. Also all 3 routes are doing well too.

First of all, the three routes dont operate on the same roadway in both directions, and the B44 and B43 are not one block apart. Besides, the B48's and B44's bocks in those areas are longer then Linden Blvd. Not only that, they go to different areas, in which different have different needs, so it's not redudant. This Linden Blvd Route Would do excatly what the B35 already does. Look at whats on Linden From New Lots to Fountain Avenue, then tell me if it needs a bus service.

No it wouldn't. B15 and B35 aren't mostly even close to Linden Boulevard. B35 only crosses Linden Boulevard on Church Avenue and B15 only operates on it est of Fountain Avenue so that didn't make sense. Also a Linden Boulevard route should be SBS and go to Downtown Brooklyn although I haven't decided on an eastern end.

Let me make this simple. Linden Blvd is essentially a small highway for Central Brooklyn. There is no NEED for a freaking route, especially one all the way from Downtown Brooklyn. And yes, it would be redundant, because if you haven't noticed, Linden Blvd is a block away from Church Avenue.

Quit with the wet dreams.

This is a moot point, because the B43 and B44 serve two completely different ridership bases, and the B48 isn't doing that well to begin with, so you are really grasping at straws here.

If you don't know what the f**k your talking about, don't make proposals for the area. Plain and simple.

Also speaking of the B15, it needs limited service. The route is long and a lot of people use it too and it is as the buses are constantly packed Here are the following limited stops:

Bedford-Stuyvesant to JFK 

Broadway/Marcus Garvey Boulevard (start)

Myrtle Avenue/Marcus Garvey Boulevard

Dekalb Avenue/Marcus Garvey Boulevard

Gates Avenue/Marcus Garvey Boulevard

Halsey Street/Marcus Garvey Boulevard 

Fulton Street/Albany Avenue

Atlantic Avenue/Albany Avenue

Utica Avenue/Dean Street

Eastern Parkway/Ralph Avenue

Sutter Avenue/Ralph Avenue ( (3) )

Church Avenue/East 98 Street

Rockaway Avenue/Hegeman Avenue

Van Sinderen Avenue/New Lots Avenue ( (L) )

Pennsylvania Avenue/New Lots Avenue

Ashford Street/New Lots Avenue ( (3) )

Euclid Avenue/Linden Boulevard

Eldert Lane/Linden Boulevard 

79 Street/Linden Boulevard

Lefferts Boulevard Airtrain station (all LTD buses make local stops from this point towards JFK Airport)

JFK to Bedford-Stuyvesant

Lefferts Boulevard Airtrain station (first LTD stop)

79 Street/Linden Boulevard

Eldert Lane/Linden Boulevard

Euclid Avenue/Linden Boulevard

Ashford Street/New Lots Avenue ( (3) )

Pennsylvania Avenue/New Lots Avenue

Van Sinderen Avenue/New Lots Avenue ( (L) )

Rockaway Avenue/New Lots Avenue

Church Avenue/East 98 Street

Sutter Avenue/Ralph Avenue ( (3) )

Eastern Parkway/Ralph Avenue

Utica Avenue/Bergen Street

Atlantic Avenue/Troy Avenue

Fulton Street/Troy Avenue

Halsey Street/Lewis Avenue

Gates Avenue/Lewis Avenue

Dekalb Avenue/Lewis Avenue

Myrtle Avenue/Lewis Avenue

Broadway/Marcus Garvey Boulevard (end)

This has been discussed too. Would it be rush hour or all day?

I would have planned the LTD's operating hours like this:

Weekdays: 5:30am-12:30am

Saturdays: 6:00am-12:00am

Sundays: 6:00am-11:00pm

Edited by Q90

I dont know, but by his defenition, a route needs to go from Ozone Park to Green Acres, and several others more (that's the one that came to the top of my head quickly, and a bus route needs to go on Liberty Avenue in Brooklyn.

Not even close dude you fail at guessing.

keywords HOW YOU RUN IT!!! read below.

Let me make this simple. Linden Blvd is essentially a small highway for Central Brooklyn. There is no NEED for a freaking route, especially one all the way from Downtown Brooklyn. And yes, it would be redundant, because if you haven't noticed, Linden Blvd is a block away from Church Avenue.

Quit with the wet dreams.

This is a moot point, because the B43 and B44 serve two completely different ridership bases, and the B48 isn't doing that well to begin with, so you are really grasping at straws here.

If you don't know what the f**k your talking about, don't make proposals for the area. Plain and simple.

well it is how lefferts gardens folks get to queens and JFK remember how much the (A) sucks. Ohh FYI I never suggested a JFK to downtown Brooklyn line anyway. However such a route would fail which is why my version doesn't do that nor would it even stay on linden past remsen ave anyway. I never suggested a downtown Brooklyn to linden Blvd line you made that up yourself.

Then give us three good reasons why there should be more bus service on Linden Blvd then what it is now at all.

Want 3 ok reason 1 the (A) to JFK runs like ass and is a PITA to get to via transfers. Reason #2 the B15 is embarrassingly unreliable and crowded. Let's not get started on B35 either. Reason#3 this proposed route would go via remsen to Winthrop to Albany then Clarkson serving Kingsbrook Jewish med center and would serve the downstate med center and residents on Clarkson to boot. Or it can stay on Winthrop to avoid traffic and this means additional connections. Or it can use Albany or NY ave to Lenox to reach residents there. Reason #4 linden Blvd is a connector to link that neighborhood to queens and JFK quickly. Especially for prospect lefferts gardens folks.

While I do agree that sending the B84 down Linden is a terrible idea, it does need a bus route that runs down the length if it because the area lacks necessary coverage imo.

ok I admit a separate line would be better.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Not even close dude you fail at guessing.

keywords HOW YOU RUN IT!!! read below.

well it is how lefferts gardens folks get to queens and JFK remember how much the (A) sucks. Ohh FYI I never suggested a JFK to downtown Brooklyn line anyway. However such a route would fail which is why my version doesn't do that nor would it even stay on linden past remsen ave anyway. I never suggested a downtown Brooklyn to linden Blvd line you made that up yourself.

Want 3 ok reason 1 the (A) to JFK runs like ass and is a PITA to get to via transfers. Reason #2 the B15 is embarrassingly unreliable and crowded. Let's not get started on B35 either. Reason#3 this proposed route would go via remsen to Winthrop to Albany then Clarkson serving Kingsbrook Jewish med center and would serve the downstate med center and residents on Clarkson to boot. Or it can stay on Winthrop to avoid traffic and this means additional connections. Or it can use Albany or NY ave to Lenox to reach residents there. Reason #4 linden Blvd is a connector to link that neighborhood to queens and JFK quickly. Especially for prospect lefferts gardens folks.

ok I admit a separate line would be better.

B84 should serve Foster Avenue. And the Linden Boulevard route is SBS. So Downtown Brooklyn to JFK via Prospect Park yeah I'll have it do that but I will map it out another day.

B84 should serve Foster Avenue. And the Linden Boulevard route is SBS. So Downtown Brooklyn to JFK via Prospect Park yeah I'll have it do that but I will map it out another day.

Problem is too many connections to downtown Brooklyn are available. And residents in that area lefferts gardens can use a bus to JFK. problproblem that makes B84 a long U shaped line.

Linden Blvd is one block from Church between the Church/Linden intersection, all the way down to where it becomes Caton Av, then still follows it a block away all the way to Coney Island Av

Linden Blvd is at most 2 Blocks away from Linden starting from East 98 St/Hegeman Av all the way to Fountain Av

Both the B15 and 35 are 1-2 blocks away from Linden Blvd, what the hell you talking about...

Problem is too many connections to downtown Brooklyn are available. And residents in that area lefferts gardens can use a bus to JFK. problproblem that makes B84 a long U shaped line.

Well it would no longer serve New Lots and it would go to Kensington where the B67/69 end.

And last time I checked, a route on Linden is anything but fast..

It's called adding bus lanes.

Just like Queens Blvd, a lot of people don't want a bus lane on Linden Blvd.

Really I don't f**king care about some stupid NIMBYS. They should get the f**k out of NY if they can't stand transit projects. Also the bus would operate on the central lanes of Linden so no parking is lost. Sorry for dropping the f-bomb, I'm just pissed right now.

Edited by Q90

Really I don't f**king care about some stupid NIMBYS. They should get the f**k out of NY if they can't stand transit projects. Also the bus would operate on the central lanes of Linden so no parking is lost. Sorry for dropping the f-bomb, I'm just pissed right now.

Linden doesnt warrant bus service. Why do you think nobody on the corridor ever asked for bus service on it?

Linden doesnt warrant bus service. Why do you think nobody on the corridor ever asked for bus service on it?

It would be probably similar to the (M) / (V) merger. Nobody demanded it however it was successful anyways. Linden Boulevard lacks coverage and don't bring up the B15 or B35 as they aren't as close as you think and they are overcrowded and unreliable. Edited by Q90

It would be probably similar to the (M) / (V) merger. Nobody demanded it however it was successful anyways. Linden Boulevard lacks coverage and don't bring up the B15 or B35 as they aren't as close as you think and they are overcrowded and unreliable.

What do you mean there was no demand for the (M) / (V). Of course there was. More then half the riders on the (M) pre-2010 were going to Manhattan, the MTA even mentioned that in the proposal they were doing.