Undercover cops patrolling Staten Island city buses for fare beaters

Via Garibaldi 8

I know. It must suck having to go through Jamaica just to go anywhere. My commute is long, but it's straightforward.

Yes, ppl are always walking slow while getting off the buses, and the buses are scheduled to JUST BARELY connect with the (E), so if your bus gets to Jamaica late, you missed the (E) basically.. Its also really crowded, most of the buses leave SRO during rush hours and evenings, and its not the safest area (safe in the AM, so-so in the PM)

Traveling between school and the hospital and having to make up gym hours outside school for the 1st time (because kids in this program don't take gym, it's a new policy) is a big turn-off.

That's so stupid that you have to rush to make up the class because of their error. :angry:

And yeah, I hope the forum police don't catch us. :P

Yes, ppl are always walking slow while getting off the buses, and the buses are scheduled to JUST BARELY connect with the (E), so if your bus gets to Jamaica late, you missed the (E) basically.. Its also really crowded, most of the buses leave SRO during rush hours and evenings, and its not the safest area (safe in the AM, so-so in the PM)

Damn. I didn't realize they made any effort to connect the buses with the train at Jamaica. But yeah, it does seem that it takes longer in the PM rush. When I had to go to Cooper Union over the summer, it was about 75-90 minutes door-to-door, but in the afternoon, it would almost always be about 90 minutes. I tried taking the S93 through Brooklyn a few times to avoid the ferry, but that turned out to be even slower.

That's so stupid that you have to rush to make up the class because of their error. :angry:

And yeah, I hope the forum police don't catch us. :P

Damn. I didn't realize they made any effort to connect the buses with the train at Jamaica. But yeah, it does seem that it takes longer in the PM rush. When I had to go to Cooper Union over the summer, it was about 75-90 minutes door-to-door, but in the afternoon, it would almost always be about 90 minutes. I tried taking the S93 through Brooklyn a few times to avoid the ferry, but that turned out to be even slower.

Every discussion I've been having on the forums tonight is off topic lmao! And yea, I got off the Q85 at Jamaica at 6:32, and there is normally a Q111, Q83 and Q5 coming at the same time, and the (E) departs at 6:35. And idk, maybe in the afternoon everything is slower, nobody seems to be rushing in the PM as they are going home, contrary to rushing in the AM going to work

@Checkmate: It's not really an error...

My school has a block schedule with A-Days and B-Days, so I only have 4 90-min periods plus a 45-min elective in a day (In senior year, 3 periods plus elective, although I heard leaving early might end) Since electives are every day, this means that all together I have 9 individual class periods. Sinai takes up 2 periods each day, so altogether it will eat up 4 of those class periods that kids not in Sinai still have for other classes. If you're an 11th grader in Sinai, you're forced to take physics class as an elective (Since 2 elective periods roughly = 1 full class period). Sinai kids still have to get in all the important classes, such as English, History, Math, and some of the seemingly less important classes [like gym] lose out.

This upcoming school is the 1st year getting gym hours outside school has been required, so yeah.

@ MTABusFan512: I feel your pain, but with two different train lines, I'd imagine it be kinda hard to synchronize buses and trains. Also, aside from Sunday, the (E) is always more frequent than the (J), so there's a problem. Couple that with the different frequencies of all the buses, and I'm sure the dispatchers don't even see the point of trying to match...

Every discussion I've been having on the forums tonight is off topic lmao! And yea, I got off the Q85 at Jamaica at 6:32, and there is normally a Q111, Q83 and Q5 coming at the same time, and the (E) departs at 6:35. And idk, maybe in the afternoon everything is slower, nobody seems to be rushing in the PM as they are going home, contrary to rushing in the AM going to work

Come to think about it, I think you were the one who originally brought it off-topic both times. ;) LOL. Don't worry. I've done it plenty of times and it's often led to interesting discussions (either that or an argument between me and a certain someone, who still owes me some responses in this thread come to think about it)

And yeah, I think the B/Os know people don't mind a couple of extra minutes, so they take it a little easier. I mean, there were some B/Os who would floor it to help us catch the ferry, but in the afternoon, most of us don't have any connections to make (I mean, there are some people traveling within SI who need to transfer, but they're outnumbered by the ferry riders, at least on a route like the S92)

@Checkmate: It's not really an error...

My school has a block schedule with A-Days and B-Days, so I only have 4 90-min periods plus a 45-min elective in a day (In senior year, 3 periods plus elective, although I heard leaving early might end) Since electives are every day, this means that all together I have 9 individual class periods. Sinai takes up 2 periods each day, so altogether it will eat up 4 of those class periods that kids not in Sinai still have for other classes. If you're an 11th grader in Sinai, you're forced to take physics class as an elective (Since 2 elective periods roughly = 1 full class period). I mean, Sinai kids have to get in all the important classes, such as English, History, Math, and some of the seemingly less important classes [like gym] lose out.

This upcoming school is the 1st year getting gym hours outside school has been required, so yeah.

I see...

And I still think it's ridiculous that they're having these buget problems, and yet they find the money to keep us in school longer (since they might get rid of the seniors going home early). I think next year, they said I need 5.5 hours of instruction, which is complete BS considering I completed most of my required classes.

Come to think about it, I think you were the one who originally brought it off-topic both times. ;) LOL. Don't worry. I've done it plenty of times and it's often led to interesting discussions (either that or an argument between me and a certain someone, who still owes me some responses in this thread come to think about it)

And yeah, I think the B/Os know people don't mind a couple of extra minutes, so they take it a little easier. I mean, there were some B/Os who would floor it to help us catch the ferry, but in the afternoon, most of us don't have any connections to make (I mean, there are some people traveling within SI who need to transfer, but they're outnumbered by the ferry riders, at least on a route like the S92)

It may have been me, i don't even remember . LMAO but these conversations are interesting so I'm not complaining, it keeps me coming back to this forum.. sometimes you gotta go off topic, even if you're not in the off-topic thread lol.. and you're right, going home it doesn't matter, you're gonna get there in a reasonable amt of time, and there tends to be more traffic in the PM along the streets in Queens as well

Totally. My school's schedule means we get credits pretty fast, Seniors already have to come to school for 6 hours, it's only fair that they get the last hour and a half off. What will seniors do for this extra time when there are no credits to be gained?

Totally. My school's schedule means we get credits pretty fast, Seniors already have to come to school for 6 hours, it's only fair that they get the last hour and a half off. What will seniors do for this extra time when there are no credits to be gained?

Well, maybe they could take AP classes so they get X number of credits beyond what's required. Either that, or maybe take a club that counts as "instruction".

Me personally, we need 44 credits, and I'll have that at the end of this year. The problem is that they're in the wrong subject areas, but next year, I'll only need English, History, & Gym, and I could graduate, so I'll already have credits beyond what's required. I'm hoping the schedule works out in a way that I could get out early. ;) Either that, or arrive late and get some extra sleep.

Archived