What song, radio station or music video are you listening to/watching?

MTR Admiralty

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last one for the night from SL Bus. I am sure NYCtransitfan will like this. A late '80's smash from the band best known for Madonna begining her carrer with before going solo. "Breakfast club"(no not the movie) with "Right on Track."

Still a good song IMO to listen in AM on train going to work or school.

Later

[media=]

[/media]

Well if you been to the south and midwest you would know country is huge. Places like Nashville has as many 3-4 full time country stations. So there a world outside of NYC lol.

And NYCtrainfan i thought you 55 years of age lol? Joking. :D Seriously yes there 19 years old who prefer '70's/'80's classics. Just making point that the *average* 19-21 year old in NYC or most of America's bigger cities prefer Hip-Hop according to these stats.

Well I've always said that I feel like an old man trapped in a young guy's body when it comes to music lol.

<Video of Earth, Wind & Fire>

Nice choice sir. Nice choice indeed.

what is it with British artists (One Direction, The Wanted, Rita Ora, Cher Lloyd and most famously Adele) dominating the American mainstream? Are we all of sudden London as far as the music scene goes? You don't see Japanese and Korean stars getting their music played here but with a Brit it happens in a lightning flash.

I can only respect the Beatles and Dragonforce.

They are the only British musicians I respect. All the others write sap-*ss dime-a-dozen love songs. No Exceptions. Except the Beatles. No Exceptions.

what is it with British artists (One Direction, The Wanted, Rita Ora, Cher Lloyd and most famously Adele) dominating the American mainstream? Are we all of sudden London as far as the music scene goes? You don't see Japanese and Korean stars getting their music played here but with a Brit it happens in a lightning flash.

The Wanted is Irish.

I can only respect the Beatles and Dragonforce.

They are the only British musicians I respect. All the others write sap-*ss dime-a-dozen love songs. No Exceptions. Except the Beatles. No Exceptions.

You only a teen VWM. Gotta to disagree on stating only '2' good British artists. Heard of the Rolling Stones? Elton John? Traffic/Steve Winwood? Billy Ocean?(though he was born in trindad) Duran Duran? Seal? Just touching the surface.

There been some great UK artists over the years so you and JW are wrong to say that all British performers "suck."

Sure there been some terrible ones.

The point that JW makes on having more English speaking Asian and Indian performers on the US pop charts is another argument than his point that UK is overplayed.

You only a teen VWM. Gotta to disagree on stating only '2' good British artists. Heard of the Rolling Stones? Elton John? Traffic/Steve Winwood? Billy Ocean?(though he was born in trindad) Duran Duran? Seal? Just touching the surface.

There been some great UK artists over the years so you and JW are wrong to say that all British performers "suck."

Sure there been some terrible ones.

The point that JW makes on having more English speaking Asian and Indian performers on the US pop charts is another argument than his point that UK is overplayed.

Duran Duran FTW!

Sorry, idk most "older" artists, but I detest pop music.

You a teen VMW lol. You dont have to like it but 'respect" it. If you into Hip Hop respect Grandmaster Flash Sugarhill gang etc.

Rock of course the Beatles, Elvis, Chuck Berry, etc. Hip-Hop Pop Justine Beriber, Katy Perry, Rhinna respect Micheal Jackson, Bee Gees, Madonna, Aretha Franklin etc. Honestly where does today music come from thin air? There a history from older artists so you should respect it.

I never said that the current Brits suck. I would rather American talent or talent from other parts of the world over Britian. There seems to be too many of them and for some reason this One Direction group got accepted by American mainstream radio way too quickly. I'm sure there's a bunch of American singers that can be the next Adele and I want to hear them instead of a bunch of young boys singing pick-up lines. Thanks, for the correction on The Wanted. (whoever gave it; didn't see the handle name)

Side note: I like Coldplay and Adele (both of which are British)

Now Playing: Z100 (New York's Hit Music Station) Rihanna- Where Have You Been

Edited by JW72093