The Official BVE/OpenBVE Thread

Hello. I managed to fix the issue with the B, D, N, Q and R lines. But I have another question. I notice on the R Shuttle route, whatever train you operate, you have to open both left and right doors at a station for it to count as a stop. Is there a way to fix this ?

No. The reason for needing to open both sides is due to the route file format. .CSV route files allow the game to differentiate between different sides, while .RW route files lack that feature.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Gateway desktop with Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 GHz processor and NVIDIA GEForce 470 graphics card running on Windows 10 64 bit OS. I also have a Dell Inspiron 5000 series laptop with Intel Core i3 4030U @ 1.90 GHz processor and Intel  HD 4400 graphics card also running on Windows 10 64 bit OS. Do you have any suggestions on improving gameplay on these computers?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a (hopefully) quick question:

I just downloaded the (6) and (F) lines from BVE Station, however some sound files, when I tried to extract them, said they were corrupted. Nevertheless, I moved all the files into the proper folders and attempted to start the routes. The trains I selected loaded properly but the route's object files did not load properly. Is the problem with the corrupted files on my end and if so, what do you recommend I do to fix it?

(If it means anything, I'm playing it on a Macbook Air, and some routes have worked for me (the (J)(M)(Z)) while others don't (the (R), and (1))

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I decided to install OpenBVE, after reviewing various Youtube videos. I have installed the software, as example I downloaded the R line. I extracted the Lisa Raye, Broadway Sound, Culver dependencies into the Object Folder under Railway in Legacy Content. I extracted the R line folder to the Route folder under Legacy Content, and I extracted the R46 file to the Train folder under Legacy Content. When the game appears, everything except for the cab is black. The game runs, the train moves, the schedule timer is listed but i can't see any of the stations or surroundings. Can anyone here assist?

Thank you for your insight. This is what I have:

Under Railway:

Object - 14 Culver folder, 14 Lisa Raye folder, a file called 1477_LisaRaye2.7z

Route - NYCT-R folder

Sound - Sound folder and within that folder is a sub-folder called "Broadway", and a file not in the sub-folder is 1_Broadway Sound folder.7z

Under Train

Pre-GOH R46 folder

Look inside the folders 14_Culver and 14_LisaRaye for the folders Culver and LisaRaye, respectively; move the latter two to where the former two are located, and then delete the former two (for tidyness). In other words, what should be in your Object folder directory are the latter two instead of the former two. This should fix your black scenery issue; with your current setup, the program won't be able to "see" the required folders and load any objects inside those folders.

I had some doubt that wasn't enough. I didn't have time to test it before, so I got what was available on the download page and made an educated guess based on what I already know about file structures. Now that I took a closer look at the errors, here's what you need to do:

1) Extract 1477_LisaRaye2.7z to get the folder LisaRaye2, and put that in your Object folder directory. This is where most of the scenery will be loaded from. Download 7-zip (it's free) or use a program capable of extracting it. As for LisaRaye, you can keep it or delete it - other routes may need it as a dependency, but for the (R) route nothing from that folder will be loaded. The most likely reason why it is on the download page is due to human error.

2) You need some additional dependencies not listed on the download page: the object folders 8thAve, LefShut, and 6thAve. Get the first two by downloading the (A) route and the last by downloading the (D) route.

At this point the route will be 99% error-free. I would have to do some extra digging to fix these minor errors, so as much as I like zero issues I would personally leave it alone and enjoy the simulation because such a small amount is usually not noticeable to the eye.

Edited by Gong Gahou

I forgot one more thing: extract the (R) route again, and dig through the entire folder to find two Object folders. Move every folder contained inside them into your Object directory. You will be dealing with two extra (but smaller) Culver object folders; combine all three of them and overwrite files with the same name when prompted, just in case.

As I mentioned above, you need to extract it to get the folder. It doesn't come as a folder; most routes and trains - if not all - are compressed, likely to reduce file size and shorten download times. You'll get an executable file after extracting; you can then choose to either run it, or, if you have 7-zip, just extract it once again.