The Official BVE/OpenBVE Thread

So I also recall someone asking if I was going to work on the R142A/R143/R188 propulsion. Once again, working with what's given to me, I try not to disappoint. The old motor sound code:

14862589972_5d4d06f5d4_o.png

The new motor sound code:

14676245120_5b44d8fb39_o.png

Motor sound timing reference video; shot today:

OpenBVE work in progress video (95% complete):

Enjoy =)

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, with permission from DJhammers, I'm currently working on the Olive Drab R16, from the train of many metals.

To make progress move faster, i would extremely appreciate any and all pictures of it. All credit with be given to all of those who contribute. Thanx

NewBitmapImage_zps453e0502.png

Edited by pelhamlocal

NewBitmapImage_zps8e928ead.png

NewBitmapImage_zps46a486fd.png

(*****If you see any textures used that look like they were taken from your photos, PLEASE NOTE, No textures are final as of this moment, and I am only using them as a template, and WILL NOT USE them, WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION!!!*****)

Edited by pelhamlocal

• 1 month later...

Here is my contribution to Mudwrestle's R11/R34 project: the sound work, primarily the GE 1240B DC traction motor sounds. The DC motor whine is really quiet in real life, and it was a little bit of a challenge to find the right balance in the sim, but I think I've got it for the most part. In this video, you see the preview of the train from the exterior first before going into the cab and experiencing the sounds from the interior. Note that an R11/R34 cab does not exist yet, so in this video, an R33 cab is substituted in, since the colors of both cabs were fairly similar. I also played around with the physics a bit so that it simulates field shunting. The train should balance out on level track at around 55 mph. Enjoy =)

This is the OpenBVE New York City Subway Westinghouse Electric DC Traction Motor Model 1447J Sound Pack.

I took the time to review some real life video and pitch match the motor sound with regard to speed. Also made some volume adjustments. Exterior station stop clips first, followed by a cab ride clip.

Good for use in the following:

R32

R42

R44

R62A

R68

R68A

If you are an OpenBVE developer, you'll know what to do with this lol.

Have fun and enjoy =)

Reference videos:

- R62A interior

- R68A interior

- R68A flying into Newkirk Plaza

It is with our deepest regrets that Phantom909 aka Joe (he was a member on this forum) has passed away last night.

He was a BVE/openBVE pioneer and a legend dating back from the early days.

His greatest works included the (2) to Times Square and the (A) to Lefferts Boulevard, and aided content developers with the materials needed (route skeletons, etc.)

Without his efforts, we wouldn't have all these realistic and accurate routes we have today (and those that are works in progress).

We would like to thank him for fostering the community of developers, and creating new ones

May he rest in peace and his legacy passed on to future generations to come.

Edited by -CT1660-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posting this here as well; Merry Christmas =)

After a long development period, I am pleased to present to you the long awaited Long Island Rail Road & Metro-North Railroad Bombardier M7 EMU Pack V1.0 for OpenBVE (Initial release 12/24/14).

This train is highly detailed and advanced. Keep reading for full details.

The M7 electric multiple unit was built in the early 2000s for both of the MTA's commuter railroad agencies; the LIRR, and MNCR. This pack comes with both versions of the M7. Painstaking care has been taken to differentiate both models from each other, which goes far beyond just having different paint schemes; note the differing seating layout, cab signal aspect displays, third rail pickup shoe mounts on the trucks, and the presence of traction motor blower air scoops on the MNCR M7 which are not present on the LIRR M7.

In addition, hours of coding were put in to animating the 3D engineer's cab. Note that the cab's train status and diagnostic displays are semi-animated/semi-functional.

Finally, note the placement of the cab doors throughout the consist; the end cars will have their cab doors closed, while the middle cars have them open.

The cab signalling on version 1.0 is not yet functional, but as soon as a route is coded that can make use of the cab signalling system, a plugin will be drafted and this pack will be updated to version 2.0.

Version 2.0 will also include animated destination signage and a detailed lavatory.

This pack comes with two versions of the M7 physics set; an unlimited and a limited version. The unlimited version sports the full acceleration spec as delivered by Bombardier, while the limited version features slightly toned down acceleration in order to lower current draw from the third rail.

Credits list:

-Sounds: Fan Railer (Mike Kam)[general sound programmer] & William McMorris [high quality announcement chime, buzzer sound, & combined throttle/brake controller "click"]

-Engineer's Cab (3D): Manuel Alejandro Mejias Palacios

-Exterior model: Manuel Alejandro Mejias Palacios

-Physics: Fan Railer (Mike Kam)

-Project coordinator & BETA tester: Fan Railer (Mike Kam)

-Invaluable reference material (for physics): Gregory Grice

IMPORTANT: Please do not redistribute this train pack. This pack is only to be made available via sanctioned sites, ie, BVEstation & Fan Railer's Mediafire page.

Technical information:

Power system:  750 VDC Third Rail

Axles arrangement: Bo'Bo'

Service weight (empty): 126,808 lbs

Starting acceleration: 2.0 mph/s

Continuous acceleration (unlimited): 2.0 mph/s @ 35 mph ; 0.5345 mph/s @ 100 mph

Continuous acceleration (limited): 1.5 mph/s @ 47.5 mph ; 0.5345 mph/s @ 100 mph

Full service brake rate: 3.0 mph/s

Emergency brake rate: 3.355 mph/s

Rated power (per car): 1080 hp

Service speed: 80 mph

Maximum design speed: 100 mph

Gauge: 4 ft 8.5 in

Length between couplers: 85 ft 0 in

Vehicle Width: 10 ft 6 in

Rail to Roof Height: 12 ft 11.5 in

Distance Between Truck Centers: 59 ft 6 in

Truck Wheel Base: 8 ft 6 in

Wheel Diameter (New): 36 in

Essential Operating Tips:

For openBVE purposes, this train has 6 power points, one for each major cab signal limit. Each point will increase acceleration proportionally.

P1 - 15 mph (24 km/h)

P2 - 30 mph (32 km/h)

P3 - 45 mph (72 km/h)

P4 - 60 mph (96 km/h)

P5 - 80 mph (128 km/h)

P6 - 100 mph (160 km/h)

For openBVE purposes, this train has 6 service brake points.

B1 - B5 are dynamic brake only.

B6 begins to blend in friction brakes to achieve full service brake rate of 3.0 mph/s.

Thanks for downloading and enjoy, and also, have a happy holiday season =)

Dang, how'd you get 700MB worth of files down to 22MB? I wish every content developer (not just BVE/OpenBVE but in general) compressed files like that, it's the reason I don't have the Surfliner or the MONON routes for MSTS.

It's called using 7-zip to compress files. 7-zip only takes one copy of every unique file and adds it to the archive, but it remembers where to distribute the files when you extract them. This saves a LOT of space. Winrar doesn't do that lmao.

Edited by Fan Railer