The Official BVE/OpenBVE Thread

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

After a long period of finalization I'm pleased to present to you the completed version of the OpenBVE WMATA Red Line and associated rolling stock:

Trains only:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not sure if anyone still uses BVE 2, but I recently installed it again, wanting to play with a TTC line that was put up for download many years ago, and I managed to get everything going (at least, I hope so) but when I load the game, it tells me "Could not Initialize Direct3D" - I've searched online for answers but everything seems to pertain to Vista users, which I am not (I use Windows 7).

Anyone got any advice? Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how hard you were searching because when I searched this was on the first page.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/4772-63-could-initialize-direct3d-help

It's not fully answered but I can probably assume something is corrupt or not installed at all.

Didn't notice this post before, my apologies. Thanks for the link.

Well, I got the program running, but when I try to play a route, this happens...

bve_error.png

(It's not just an error with this one, I have the Uchibo line add-on too, and it does the same thing, except instead of everything being grey everything is white.) Anyone know what the issue might be?

Didn't notice this post before, my apologies. Thanks for the link.

Well, I got the program running, but when I try to play a route, this happens...

[screenshot]

(It's not just an error with this one, I have the Uchibo line add-on too, and it does the same thing, except instead of everything being grey everything is white.) Anyone know what the issue might be?

Try using OpenBVE rather than BVE 2/4. It's more advanced, and some routes have features that require it.

Try using OpenBVE rather than BVE 2/4. It's more advanced, and some routes have features that require it.

I thought about that, but the routes I have are all designed for BVE 2, and I'm not sure if they would work with a much more advanced version of the game.

• 4 weeks later...