The future for "Fastrack"

While I'm very satisfied with Fastrack, I'm curious to know, 1) when they will start this program on the Broadway & Nassau lines & 2) when they will start it on other parts of lines, that already experienced it.

I know it would be hard to do it on the Lex line, north of 42 St, but lines like CPW or the Broadway section of 7 Ave.

Also, do they (the (MTA)) ever plan on doing this program in the outer boroughs, or would it be to complicated?

FASTRACK is closing down a part of a line in Manhattan where there are alternate services within a few blocks. It doesn't impact anyone too badly because they can just either walk to another subway station an avenue block or two away, or take a local bus. They would never do this in other boroughs because subway lines aren't right next to each other, but rather significant distances apart which nobody wants to walk at night.

What you're talking about isn't FASTRACK; it's just complete line shut downs, and those would cause extreme inconveniences for people in outerboroughs.

They plan to run shuttle buses in the outerboros. They plan to start with Queens Blvd in 2013.

See http://mta.info/mta/news/books/docs/FasTrack120521.pdf for full details.

In addition, in the other boros they are doing another program called "Line Segment Closure Program", which is similar in a way to FASTRACK. IMHO, so far, they have been successful with the S/O Van Wyck project and the Bay 50th Street project as well. Like I say, "do it and get it overwith!" (More information about Line Segment Closure Program - http://www.mta.info/mta/news/books/docs/LineSegmentClosure111114.pdf)

I hope the (MTA) does some Fastrack or something to rehab the lower Manhattan (J) trains. Wait! The (MTA) is using these stations as a test to see how poorly they can treat stations. I guess the former Dean Street station on the Franklin (S) was not enough of a test.

Everybody is stealing what I said!

Dean Street was torn down because it was too close to Park Place/Franklin Avenue. It wasn't because of it's poor condition.

Both of are statements are only 1/3 accurate. From what I read online, proximity to the Park Place station, the poor condition, AND the low patronage (a factor neither of us mentioned) were all reasons for the ()' /> shutting down the station.

Both of are statements are only 1/3 accurate. From what I read online, proximity to the Park Place station, the poor condition, AND the low patronage (a factor neither of us mentioned) were all reasons for the ()' /> shutting down the station.

The station was in the middle of nowhere, I can understand why no one would use it...

Archived