Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Abba

Driving trains very fast nights

So I have noticed especially on express trains that after like 7pm drivers drive very fast.For example a (4) I took tonight was speeding after it made the turn uptown between Franklin and Atlantic.Also a (2) was blasting through that turn before Wall Street.Felt like an accident was gonna happen.I am just wondering why that can't done during the day?

I agree with Fan Railer, with longer headways between trains, 20 minutes or so, it's all green lights all the way through I guess save for areas with switches or tight curves. I've rode trains after chillin in the wee hours in the morning and can observe T/Os just killing it with these trains at night on the 24 hour express routes. (Such as CPW or the QB line) Works for me, I gen get home in no time flat.

Edited by realizm

Less train traffic=faster trains. I rarely see trains going all that quickly on the Queens Blvd (E) and (F) trains because there is just so much train traffic during rush hour. These trains run much faster at other times because the track is not filled to capacity.

Driving means turning a steering wheel and having pedals. Its OPERATING! Theres no steering wheel inside the operating cabs on trains.

Edited by Dan05979

They are not called drivers they are called T/Os.

Who cares anyways, as long as you know what that person means, its all what matters...

But yes your correct or motorman...

• Upvote 1

Me thinks the appropriate title for T/Os should be: "Transit Apparatus Operations Professional"? ;)

And as for conductors: "Transit Operations Cooridination Overseer". Yeah?

This is some dang good coffee....

Edited by realizm
  • Upvote 1