Instinct vs. iPhone

East New York

So I got a Samsung Instinct by Sprint on Tuesday, after months of debating over the iPhone. I love this phone! It does everything the iPhone does and much more. I get live TV, MTV, VH1, Commedy Central, CNN and tons more channels. It also has free on-demand, so I can catch "I Love Money" if I miss an episode. It also has a Satelite Radio with select stations nationwide. The only one thing I don't like is the web pages show as they would on a computer. I guess thats a good thing overall, but you have to scroll right to left to read, or view something on the whole page. I can definitely say that I am very glad I chose the Instinct over the iPhone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKQjitiN5Jk

Instinct: The iPhone killer! Only from Sprint.

too many glitches on iphone

Glitches? Only glitch is that i don't have mine yet. :P

By the way, not to knock the wind outa anyone's sails, but those tests could be completely and easily rigged to give any outcome you wanted. I watched someone on youtube explode, get sucked into a car air intake, and so on... I've visited websites on iPhone, and they dont take that long to load. I'm glad their thunder stealing tactics seemed to have worked on you, but i've used both, and i'll never use anything on sprint's network.

- Andy

Glitches? Only glitch is that i don't have mine yet. :P

By the way, not to knock the wind outa anyone's sails, but those tests could be completely and easily rigged to give any outcome you wanted. I watched someone on youtube explode, get sucked into a car air intake, and so on... I've visited websites on iPhone, and they dont take that long to load. I'm glad their thunder stealing tactics seemed to have worked on you, but i've used both, and i'll never use anything on sprint's network.

- Andy

I've used both too. Might I remind you that I worked for AT&T and I demoed the phone. My friend has the new 3G, but I haven't had a chance to play with it. Now I on the other hand will never again use anything from AT&T! They are Scandolous!!! Ever wonder why Bush Sr. made AT&T break up, and then the company is allowed to regroup under Bush Jr?? Not only that but AT&T was the on the front lines of the illegal wire tap scandal.

When you look at it, iPhone 3G is greater than the "Instinct" for one major reason. The app store, something the "Instinct" doesn't have. Apple doesn't include voice dialing? I got it for free from the app store. Apple doesn't include streaming TV on the iPhone? I bet you can find it on the app store. The "Instinct" doesn't offer anything that one can't get from the app store on the iPhone, nor does it have a multitouch screen, especially disappointing from the "Instinct" is the omission of WiFi, I can go on for a while (lower resolution screen, only up to 8 Gb of storage... and you don't get that without buying the little memory card for it, not to mention that without that rebate the iPhone 3G is cheaper, etc). I'm happy with my 16 Gb white iPhone... mind you, I don't care too much about my carrier.

I've used both too. Might I remind you that I worked for AT&T and I demoed the phone. My friend has the new 3G, but I haven't had a chance to play with it. Now I on the other hand will never again use anything from AT&T! They are Scandolous!!! Ever wonder why Bush Sr. made AT&T break up, and then the company is allowed to regroup under Bush Jr?? Not only that but AT&T was the on the front lines of the illegal wire tap scandal.

I don't use their landline service. I have verizon for landline, comcast for tv, and att for mobile, i've been with them since mid 2005 and never had an unresolved issue. In ww2 several giant us companies made products for the axis forces, such as fanta for germany (coca cola) etc etc... Just because the government messed up doesnt mean att should be blamed. I like iPhone because it uses stuff & is made by a company i have a good relationship with & would like to continue that. I swore that if i ever got a cell phone, i'd get the best one that i could afford, and by getting an iPhone, i'd be honoring that statement. I dont' want mobile TV, i have an iPod that does just fine. I've also looked everywhere for the battery specs for the sprint phone and cant' seem to find much. I currently have a V3 razr black, and the new iPhone in 2G voice mode gets better battery time by a lot than my phone, and that is important to me more than tv, which i'd never use because i keep my valuables tucked away. I would get an iPhone for GPS, visual voicemail, email, web stuff, more memory than my current phone, making calls, and using all the free or cheap apps made for it. Not only that, but att's network in this area is far superior to sprint's. The only people i see using sprint is construction workers.

- Andy

When you look at it, iPhone 3G is greater than the "Instinct" for one major reason. The app store, something the "Instinct" doesn't have. Apple doesn't include voice dialing? I got it for free from the app store. Apple doesn't include streaming TV on the iPhone? I bet you can find it on the app store. The "Instinct" doesn't offer anything that one can't get from the app store on the iPhone, nor does it have a multitouch screen, especially disappointing from the "Instinct" is the omission of WiFi, I can go on for a while (lower resolution screen, only up to 8 Gb of storage... and you don't get that without buying the little memory card for it, not to mention that without that rebate the iPhone 3G is cheaper, etc). I'm happy with my 16 Gb white iPhone... mind you, I don't care too much about my carrier.

Actually you get the memory card with the phone, and it does have a multi-touch screen. Why do you need WiFi with Sprint Mobile Broadband??? Plus There is a Sprint store on every corner of NYC, so who needs an Apple Store???:) If I buy a second card, the memory will match/top the iPhone. It also comes with a second battery and compact charger that can use USB. I also like the fact that I can transfer any music (especially my LimeWire stuff) straight to the phone. True it may be cheaper, and slightly better, but I got mine for free, along with a $150 rebate. So I'm not too worried about that cause I got a free phone and free money! If the iPhone was offered by another carrier, I would have jumped on it a long time ago! My gripe is not with the phone, but with AT&T.

I don't use their landline service. I have verizon for landline, comcast for tv, and att for mobile, i've been with them since mid 2005 and never had an unresolved issue. In ww2 several giant us companies made products for the axis forces, such as fanta for germany (coca cola) etc etc... Just because the government messed up doesnt mean att should be blamed. I like iPhone because it uses stuff & is made by a company i have a good relationship with & would like to continue that. I swore that if i ever got a cell phone, i'd get the best one that i could afford, and by getting an iPhone, i'd be honoring that statement. I dont' want mobile TV, i have an iPod that does just fine. I've also looked everywhere for the battery specs for the sprint phone and cant' seem to find much. I currently have a V3 razr black, and the new iPhone in 2G voice mode gets better battery time by a lot than my phone, and that is important to me more than tv, which i'd never use because i keep my valuables tucked away. I would get an iPhone for GPS, visual voicemail, email, web stuff, more memory than my current phone, making calls, and using all the free or cheap apps made for it. Not only that, but att's network in this area is far superior to sprint's. The only people i see using sprint is construction workers.

- Andy

That was just the tip of the iceburg! AT&T is EVIL I tell you!! They lie to their customes, and fill their employees heads with false promises. I do agree AT&T's network is better, but thats only because "Baby Bell" Verizon has the East Coast on lock!! (They share towers for obvious reasons) I can deal with Sprint because it's a major upgrade from my Nextel. Other than that I always have bars. But hey, this is why I started the thread to get everyone's honest opinion. Like I said if it was offered by another carrier, this thread would not exist. But I would like to get the iPhone 3.0 or 4.0 when it goes to Verizon and Sprint in 2011! :P And yeah Whats up with all the construction workers with Sprint???? Most of them have Nextels too.

So I got a Samsung Instinct by Sprint on Tuesday, after months of debating over the iPhone. I love this phone! It does everything the iPhone does and much more. I get live TV, MTV, VH1, Commedy Central, CNN and tons more channels. It also has free on-demand, so I can catch "I Love Money" if I miss an episode. It also has a Satelite Radio with select stations nationwide. The only one thing I don't like is the web pages show as they would on a computer. I guess thats a good thing overall, but you have to scroll right to left to read, or view something on the whole page. I can definitely say that I am very glad I chose the Instinct over the iPhone!

Instinct: The iPhone killer! Only from Sprint.

Shut up you got the Instinct phone....OMG I so envy you right now lol. The minute I saw that phone I was in love lol. I def got to get my hands on that phone now. Does it take great pics? B/c you know Sprint phones take crappy pics.

Shut up you got the Instinct phone....OMG I so envy you right now lol. The minute I saw that phone I was in love lol. I def got to get my hands on that phone now. Does it take great pics? B/c you know Sprint phones take crappy pics.

Check these pics out and let me know what you think. I agree, my last 2 phones had garbage cameras!

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4014

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4035

Actually you get the memory card with the phone, and it does have a multi-touch screen. Why do you need WiFi with Sprint Mobile Broadband??? Plus There is a Sprint store on every corner of NYC, so who needs an Apple Store???:P If I buy a second card, the memory will match/top the iPhone. It also comes with a second battery and compact charger that can use USB. I also like the fact that I can transfer any music (especially my LimeWire stuff) straight to the phone. True it may be cheaper, and slightly better, but I got mine for free, along with a $150 rebate. So I'm not too worried about that cause I got a free phone and free money! If the iPhone was offered by another carrier, I would have jumped on it a long time ago! My gripe is not with the phone, but with AT&T.

Ah, right, I see what you mean. I don't make a lot of calls, so the carrier isn't my gripe, but with the features of the iPhone and the way it integrates with my life sold me on it once they released the 3G one. I'll stop nitpicking details, you got what worked best for you, as did I.

yah right i got the model before samsung insticnt, samsung m520 and the camera sucks. the only thing i like about it is GPS and sprint TV. the camera it take 2 seconds to get to the spot where i'm pointing.

It's a nice phone, but I'll stick to my Blackberry. From what I've heard, you can't even send an MMS with the iPhone. How about the Instinct?

MMS over EDGE with iPhone would bog down the entire network, it's easier to hand email off to the net cloud at the tower & let the email provider deal with that traffic. Plus, iPhones are used in secure locations..... MMS block simply means more people can let their employes use it! I agree it's a bit annoying, but i'd rather use email than MMS anyday, since the capacity is higher. I am going to get one, because i've used them, and they work really well.

On an interesting note, i just got back from the ATT store where i fiddled with an iPhone 3G... I pressed the find button on maps, indeed got a bigass circle, however i pressed it again, and got my exact location to the foot inside the store where i was (it even moved on the map when i moved it back from the display), on google maps (the sat image view) its still a construction site, but it showed me where i was, i'm very impressed by that, and this area sucks for all kinds of long range signals because of foliage and geology. The internet was faster than in that youtube video as well, confirming that even with 2 bars, the iPhone is faster.

- Andy

Archived