Which one doesn't belong (Subway edition)

Q43LTD

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good crack on getting the riddle,but that's not the answer I had in mind. Let me give an additional clue, think of the existing flying junction to Jamaica Yard and where it lead to and a park (Not a public park in Brooklyn)..... I'll give additional clues to help you guys out as we proceed..

Next clue: Think of a segment of the current Van Wyck Expressway (highway) and how historically it related to that flying junction through Jamaica yard and beyond to a park. It used to be a a transit ROW to a past special event. I think someone should nail it with this clue.

lol which one? Only the (1) had three different terminals.

Actually 4, after 9/11 (1) trains ran to Brooklyn.

This is going to be fun:

(E)

(F)

(M)

(R)

Which one doesn't belong? (Hint: It has nothing to do with part time vs. full time service to start..... think tunnel infrastructure and where it lead to.....)

The (E) runs through newer tunnel and has changed terminals from 179th to Jamaica Ctr-Parsons.

No, sorry. And thanks for the correction on the (1), that's true it ran to New Lots. BTW you're getting hot.

Next clue: This temporary route ran through another extension when the QBL was ran by the city, not the MTA. The Jamaica Yard lead tracks,  D5 and D6, start on the lower level of 75th Avenue Station on the Queens Line. they continued over the Grand Central Parkway into Jamaica Yard, where track D5 ended at a bumper post before the yard storage tracks and track D6. The bumpers were removed and went north outside the boundaries of Jamaica Yard on the ROW to that park in the vicinity of the Van Wyck Expressway to the Long island Expressway. To a park.

Throw in a bonus: The (7) also goes to that same park respectively. 

Contract drawing, Jamaica Yard leads:123kcf.jpg

Your're almost there Quill, you just don't realize it yet.

OK I'm going to give it to you since you got the right route but wrong reason from the riddle posted about 15 hrs ago to keep the thread moving. The (E) does not belong because out of the train routes listed it was the only one that utilized a temporary route up to the World's Fair. Some (G) trains were rerouted up there as well, and some were marked (S).

Pic: http://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/IND_1939_Worlds_Fair_Line

Your go Quill and +1 for coming the closest to the right answer.

img_2355.jpg

The ( Q )(Q) ] does'nt belong, it switched trunk lines and resultantly terminals in Manhattan from 57th St Broadway, became a IND 6th Ave Express in 1988 to 57th St/6th Av, then then 21St/Queensbridge in 1989 when the south side of the Manny Bridge was closed. Wild guess on this one because your (Q) is a yellow bullet. So not sure but I'm banking on the ( Q ) or (Q) whatever =D

Thanks!

I once visited the IND for a little terminal switching.

(N)
(Q)
(R)
(L)

And ur welcome!

The ( Q )(Q) ] does'nt belong, it switched trunk lines and resultantly terminals in Manhattan from 57th St Broadway, became a IND 6th Ave Express in 1988 to 57th St/6th Av, then then 21St/Queensbridge in 1989 when the south side of the Manny Bridge was closed. Wild guess on this one because your (Q) is a yellow bullet. So not sure but I'm banking on the ( Q ) or (Q) whatever =D

And ur welcome!

Correct!

Which of the following in-revenue service routes in it's current service pattern as of 2013 replaced a steam railroad according to the plans of the Dual Contracts?

(5) (Dyre Ave Bound)

(A) (Howard Beach/JFK Bound -Post Sandy)

(D) (Coney Island Bound)

(H) (Rockaways shuttle -Post Sandy)

Archived