Which one doesn't belong (Subway edition)

Q43LTD

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Turn

(A)(C)(E)(H)

The difference has nothing to do with services being defunct

The (H) is the only one never to serve Manhattan.

Well I was. Express variants are not the same line, they run on a different track.

Yes they are, because they are scheduled and run the same.

The (J) and (Z) are also the same line for that reason.

What's that supposed to mean? :lol:

I think I know the answer to Q23's... but I won't go again...

It is supposed to mean that CDTA got the answer wrong, and that the (J) and (Z) are considered two different lines. Please do not continue this, it is not what the thread is for. Play the game and keep your personal opinions on what is what to yourself. I posted it, I can give my own answer.

It is supposed to mean that CDTA got the answer wrong, and that the (J) and (Z) are considered two different lines. Please do not continue this, it is not what the thread is for. Play the game and keep your personal opinions on what is what to yourself. I posted it, I can give my own answer.

It's not a personal opinion, it's a fact...

Moving on...

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking about it......

@ Q23 Central Terminal: I think CDTA and StevenFrancis both got it right on the money. Unless you are saying that the current Rockaway (H) is the newest route ever created in this system as a result of the superstorm and relating damage. Or the fact that only the (H) serves only one boro. Amirite? Throw out a clue or decide who got it and why.

It is supposed to mean that CDTA got the answer wrong, and that the (J) and (Z) are considered two different lines.

You are both wrong - the (J)(Z) are not lines, they are routes. The Nassau Street corridor is a line, and the J/Z are seperate routes on the same corridor. And for the record, skip stop service is not the same as express service - the (6) and <6> are both the same route, just one skips more stations - the (J) and (Z) complement each other, much like the (1) and (9), both examples are two routes running on the same line.

@Q23: (C) is the only line to have served the Bronx at one point.

• 2 months later...

Archived