Some opinions needed on doors

B3 Via Av U

I've been saying for years to go the complete opposite route. Put spikes in the doorways, so nobody's putting their hand in a closing door as they're running down the stairs with the doors closing. Like sharp deadly spikes...

This will not sit well with many commuters, sharp deadly spikes might just cut a person in half if they got between a R62 or R68's powerful doors and boy do I not want to see the internals of a human and I'd personally stop riding the subway because of that and that explains why I never wanted to be a surgeon despite suggestions from my family...

Do you guys think that door sensors should be mounted on the doors of subway trains? These sensors could be similar to the ones that can be found on the average elevator door, where it will sense any obstruction in the path. With the additon of these, it can reduce the chance of being dragged by the train to your death. There can also be a light in the conductors cab alerting the conductor if the sensor has been tripped. R160s already have a form of these, as the door will reopen if it is not able to fully close.

Also, do you also think that all trains should have the door close tone? The R42s don't have these, the doors close silently.

These additions may also benefit the blind, who can be easily trapped in closing subway doors.

Give me your opinons on this.

And make my life that much harder when trying to close the doors at a station like Grand Central, Penn Station or Times Sq? A big fat HELL NO to that idea. It would be cool if all the trains had door chimes but it makes no sense now when the last trains that don't have chimes only have a few years left, if that, left running so like the saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I would love if we had a button similar to the local recycle which would send an electric jolt through any unlocked doors when pressed, that way we could announce "last warning - release the doors or get shocked!" and then zap them.

Out of all the jerk customers, it's the door holders which piss me off the most. Especially on my last half, on my Friday.

Archived