Bus Driver Schedule questions

BreeddekalbL

I have a few questions regarding. (if not appropriate forum please move to it or merge with similar thread)

asking as a future mta b/o

Does the Schedule allow for a Lunch Break? to where i can say run to the Burger King near my route terminal?

If i drive during the day shift at the end of the shift do i bring the bus back or will i be relieved at the terminal?

Final question

When you guys bid for your routes do the bid packages give you one route or are there packages that give you 2 routes?

I have a few questions regarding. (if not appropriate forum please move to it or merge with similar thread)

asking as a future mta b/o

Does the Schedule allow for a Lunch Break? to where i can say run to the Burger King near my route terminal?

Yeah when I would go out with my uncle we'd usually take 40 minutes or so but it's not like you really have time to really sit down and eat. Just had some sandwiches and drinks and we were back up again. It seemed like he had a bit more time since it was usually on Saturdays that I'd go with him, but like youngblaze said it depends on the run. I also got the impression that he was taking a bit more time because I was there. I think some guys just bring lunch with them (which is smart) since you never know what is going to happen during your run.

rather than starting a new thread i figured i bump the thread.

Do the express bus driver's have a split shift schedule? Because my uncle used to drive express buses in SI and retired in 01 or 02 and he said they did.

my other question is say i bid in to an express route garage i doubt i will get an express route in my first year. what would be say the typical time frame for a driver to say get their first express run?

rather than starting a new thread i figured i bump the thread.

Do the express bus driver's have a split shift schedule? Because my uncle used to drive express buses in SI and retired in 01 or 02 and he said they did.

my other question is say i bid in to an express route garage i doubt i will get an express route in my first year. what would be say the typical time frame for a driver to say get their first express run?

If you want an express run, don't mind the commute, and don't mind split shifts, I would recommend Meredith Depot, because it's an all express one.

I would assume (remember i'm not a B/O) that not all express bus runs are spilt shifts, seeing how some routes run all day.

If you want an express run, don't mind the commute, and don't mind split shifts, I would recommend Meredith Depot, because it's an all express one.

I would assume (remember i'm not a B/O) that not all express bus runs are spilt shifts, seeing how some routes run all day.

Regarding the express run wouldnt i have to be an established veteran to even get a shot at those runs?

Well this was before my uncle retired back in 2001 so its different now and i agree most of them run all day.

Archived