Top Gear Worst car in the history of the world

Kamen Rider

I guess we have different tastes of comedy because I'm 9 minutes in and I didn't even smirk yet. Their around the world with a 500 pound budget was more funny then this.

The first drag race, you already knew it was going to be slow, so however much they tried to make it funny, I laughed the minute they said drag race.

Of course they're going to be biased against American cars... but they were right in making fun of the landbarges the USA crapped out in the 1970s. The "evil fairy magic" fearing EPA forced automakers to reduce emissions.

For example, the 2nd generation Ford Mustang came out in 1974. It came with an inline-4 engine and barely produced 100 HP. The year after, they released a version of the famed 302 CID V8... and that only had 140 HP and could only hit 106 MPH. On top of that, a good number of cars released back then were ass ugly.

Of course they're going to be biased against American cars... but they were right in making fun of the landbarges the USA crapped out in the 1970s. The "evil fairy magic" fearing EPA forced automakers to reduce emissions.

For example, the 2nd generation Ford Mustang came out in 1974. It came with an inline-4 engine and barely produced 100 HP. The year after, they released a version of the famed 302 CID V8... and that only had 140 HP and could only hit 106 MPH. On top of that, a good number of cars released back then were ass ugly.

I liked the muscle cars of the 60s. American Muscle was built for raw power, not speed, but they totally screwed that up in the 70s. Superchargers were king.

But the 80s were nice too. We got turbochargers, but the Japanese imports made the best of it. They practically raped the competition.

...they were right in making fun of the landbarges the USA crapped out in the 1970s. The "evil fairy magic" fearing EPA forced automakers to reduce emissions.

Personally, I'd rather deal with a domestic landbarge as opposed to a foreign jellybean/bubble, but yeah, some of those luxo-yachts were pretty terrible. Just look at the 1982 Ford LTD with 255 Windsor V8, or the 1980 Dodge St. Regis with 3.7 L Slant Six (I mean really, a 90-horsepower inline-6 in a full-size American RWD sedan? Good lord.)

Archived